looking for a stretch frame and how to re-inforce it

GoldenMotor.com

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I am thinking about converting a stretch frame to use a derailleur
how hard would it be ?
would I have to change the dropouts, or could I just make a hanger for the derailleur ?
I want to add rear v-brake bosses as well
I plan on using a 4cycle with a custom motor mount (EZM, no surprise there :))
I also need advice on where to beef up the frame with gussets
does anyone know a cheap place to find a frame ???
I have upgraded components I plan on swapping over from my Jag

just in the dreaming/planning stage right now, but need some tips :)

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
been there, seen it...thanks anyways :)
lots of looks but no other ideas ???
I have found brake bosses and derailleur hangers (both weld-ons)online but am still researching the conversion
I still need advice on beefing up the frame, I plan on making it my daily driver and need it to stay together

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
I have never stretched a frame, couldt you just cut in 2 places say the top tube and the bottom tube going from the crank hub to the neck and use tubing that would fit right over the existing cut tubes then braze or weld them? Not a butt joint but like a sleeve type fitting. It would seem that would be stronger than the original frame itself as far as the joints are concerned......maybe thats not where you want it stretched?

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I was looking at that frame...looks very cool but where you mount the engine...the bottom does not look like you could attatch bottom mount to.

momentummotorgroup

Apr 10, 2009
grand rapids, michigan
the biggest issue is getting the angle of your mounts right as well as paying for the extra chain tensioners as well as getting the extra length on the motor chain right. I have an identical frame (in my avatar) and the most comfortable seat I've found thus far is the stingray saddle.. it certainly turns heads when I'm out on the street..