First Build For CCC Completed

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I see now why I need the disk...its a little scary trying to stop with just the back brake

I already broke the front motor mount...but i must say the bike does ride nice

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Looks great. You do need a brake on the front so that you don't burn out your coaster or so you so you still have braking if the pedal chain jumps off. A vintage bmx caliper brake will bolt on or you can add a drum brake wheel. If you want the disc on ther front, Venice has a lot of experience with mounting them on springer forks.

momentummotorgroup

Apr 10, 2009
grand rapids, michigan
yep. I mounted a BMX caliper on the rear and haven't had an issue since. I'm looking at getting a Sturmey Archer front dynamo hub and the band brake/sprocket mounted hub from Spooky Tooth here for the next build. I also found a guy on ebay that has a tail light that mounts under the rear rack that has a ball bearing switch..it rolls forward to turn on the brake light when you brake, and rolls off again when you start up again.. In Michigan they passed a law a couple years back that makes any motorized vehicle need brake lights/blinkers/etc, and where I'm at now (Holland) the cops have little to do with their time except screw with the locals building these things.. Already been hassled riding the build in my avatar..

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I will get in contact with Venice to see what I need to setup the front brake...I did see his bike today and the disk setup is very nice.

The rear sprocket is a stock one from the kit with holes drilled in. I have a co-worker that is very very good with metal.laff