kings motors gt 80

GoldenMotor.com

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
the x chamber is what made all the power i went frome abot 25 to over 40 intantly revs to top end now switching from 36 tooth to 40 tooth rear cog to try to get in the rite rpm range for the pipe next it will absoutly fly now

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
i want to to thank eveyone for ther intrest and help are any updates on other peoples gt 80 builds and im still trying to learn to post pics my bike runs great

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
runs good real fast when it comes on the pipe i think over 40 but no real bottom end going from 36 to 40 tooth rear cog to try to get on the pipe sooner trying to change when the power band comes on also still need to try different jets in carb also

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
i would like to know how every one elses builds are doing hows she runing what mods what worked what didnt what do you think of your new kit i really like mine i ported the piston some shaved the head a little the best mod was a 1979 rm 60 x chamber made it real fast but took away some tork waitin impationatly on a lower gear to move power band i ride to work daily rain or shine idels good pulls real hard from about 10 untill to top end no hill climber though i hope every one else is as happy as i am

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
well i switched to the 40 tooth cog it gets to the powerband a lot quicker now but im feeling a lot more vibration on top end now i want more tork so i ordered a header kit from cr machine to leangthen the header on my x chamber please are there any recomenedations on header leangth for more bottom end thanks

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
well i switched to the 40 tooth cog it gets to the powerband a lot quicker now but im feeling a lot more vibration on top end now i want more tork so i ordered a header kit from cr machine to leangthen the header on my x chamber please are there any recomenedations on header leangth for more bottom end thanks

salorr33cc

Apr 30, 2016
pennsylvania
I planned on removing the spacer (WTF?) from the intake and I kind of had a feeling that the poo poo pipe that came with it was indeed aptly named. I also had to add about 2.5in length to the intake to get it to fit the frame and I wonder if that didn't have a negative effect. It does four stoke at wot. I just torqued my front motor mount bolts in half inside the case so It'll be coming off the bike soon. Was thinking about putting it back into one of those Felt style integrated tank frames. They look a bit more sturdy than the grubee's with the hardmount. Have a feeling the frame I have it in now isn't going to cut it. This motor has already torqued 6 spokes and 2 front mounts. I will give this motor that, it is a low end monster!
what does (WTF) and (BTW) mean???? i see these abbr, a lot

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
well i installed the cr machine header kit on my bike i would use it on every pipe i make from now on looks great easy to install and does work well i was only able to make the header about 3 inches longer but i did gain some noticeable tork try it you will love it