morini dimensions?

GoldenMotor.com

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Hey guys, I'm planning out a morini build this spring and summer but I'm getting started now. I was thinking of making a somewhat modified frame with the frame that's holding my china girl now but I was wondering exacly how big an s6e is (I think all the s6's are roughly the same dimensions. But what is the measure front to back and top to bottom? Width isn't very important for the time being. Thanks guys, you all rock!
-Luke

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
The biggest problem with width is the Morini crank case is a lot wider. I'm going to be doing the heat and bend crank arm thing. I don't need much so I don't feel the need to buy a wider crankset for the bike.

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
Another thing to consider. The exhaust port exits the cylinder straight on the Morini. The exhaust port on the China engine exits to the left. So make sure you have enough room between the down tube and the engine for your pipe.

JMacSp

Aug 26, 2011
New York
okay thank You very much for this quick reply Dave31... I bet it could also fit on a 17"
Where could I buy a Franco Morini engine like this one ?

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I'm betting no. What isn't on the pictured motor, the carb and expansion chamber, just would not have enough room. The exhaust comes out the center of the motor, right at the down tube. On a lot of bikes you have to do some fancy fabricating on the exhaust to get it to clear the frame. No room for a carb and decent air cleaner either. Many have to resort to a nylon over the end of the carb to clean their air.