What is OPTI-2

GoldenMotor.com

ddesens

Jun 27, 2011
New Port Richey, FL.
You can get it online at interlube.com or tractor supply store. In tractor supply its called arnold 1. It is very good oil. The packets are 1.8ozs which you mix with 1 gallon of oil that equals out to 72:1 ratio.

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
Thanks, right now im using STIHL synthetic at 32:1 . At 72:1 couldnt that burn up the motor? Is that oil that good that you can run that high? I thought the china motors had to run 25: to 32:1 ratios?

Last edited:

droc089

Jun 25, 2011
ohio
Yes it's a very thick synthetic, your local hardware store might have it too. I just found out my local one does, might use it after I use my oil I got now.

Last edited:

Dymaxion

Jan 1, 2010
Michigan
I have used it in my current engine since day 1 of break in and love it as well. Best part is how clean it runs - no oily, drippy, smokey, nasty all over the engine, exhaust, rear wheel.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Dunno why but that got the "Slinky" song stuck in my head but replaced "Slinky" with "Opti"

CLASSIC TV COMMERCIAL - 1970s - SLINKY #12 - YouTube

"What walks down stairs, alone or in pairs
and makes a slinkity sound?
A spring, a spring, a marvelous thing!
Everyone knows it's Opti.
It's Opti, it's Opti,
It's fun, it's a wonderful toy.
It's Opti, it's Opti, it's fun,
It's a wonderful toy.
It's fun for a girl or a boy."

Wut?

LOL, kinda catchy

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I sure am, I used it the whole 73 miles on Sunday. I even loaned some out to a few other riders. I havent done the 100:1 yet, though the Morini calls for 50:1.

You?
I am very Leary of going 100 to one. Folks are saying they like it a lot on the 7000 rpm chinas! I get the impression the M runs a tad hot naturally and then all those rpm's and my bigger than stock carby. I have a big honking case of Dominator I will be forever using up. I use it to 60/1 then top off my beaker with Opti to get to the tune of 45/1 . This gets me nice compression. Gotta hit my kick starter with a man handed approach.

At the time it seamed like a swell idea been working great. Another one of my experiments lol. I thought it might be nice to get the so advertised properties of the friction modifiers going that Opti advertises.

Gotta check I am at about 3000 miles now I think. My S6S is still running with gobs of power.

Take one for the team Cory151! do eeet !!

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
I am very Leary of going 100 to one. Folks are saying they like it a lot on the 7000 rpm chinas! I get the impression the M runs a tad hot naturally and then all those rpm's and my bigger than stock carby. I have a big honking case of Dominator I will be forever using up. I use it to 60/1 then top off my beaker with Opti to get to the tune of 45/1 . This gets me nice compression. Gotta hit my kick starter with a man handed approach.

At the time it seamed like a swell idea been working great. Another one of my experiments lol. I thought it might be nice to get the so advertised properties of the friction modifiers going that Opti advertises.

Gotta check I am at about 3000 miles now I think. My S6S is still running with gobs of power.

Take one for the team Cory151! do eeet !!
I may have to wait I think my coil pack crapped the bed. I got shocked a little by the magneto, then shocked harder by the CDI and no spark out of the sparkpug.

I just bit the bullet and bought new of all three. zpt

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
"Take one for the team Cory151! do eeet !!" LOL!

What could possibly go wrong? OR Hey y'all, watch this.

LowLifeChoppers

Sep 7, 2010
Dana Point
So with all of this information in mind, what would be the right mixture to run on a 66cc china motor? I just bought a bottle of opti-2 and I need to fill my gas can up :)

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
My 2.8hp Tanaka 47R engine recommended 50:1 fuel/oil ratio. I bought a 4-liter jug of Opti-2 and run 100:1 f/o ratio.

Now the engine has an excellent idle and prolly more power. Less oil spray too, since I'm using 50% less oil. Less oil on me, since the engine is center-framed.xct2