How'd The Italians Do At The Race?

GoldenMotor.com

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Was just wondering how the Morini motored bikes faired at this years race against the 4 strokes, electrics and mopeds etc. I wasn't in attendance do to work but Im interested in hearing about how it went.

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Man that is one cluttered thread all I can tell is that #49 hit 38 MPH(Dave) on a 9 hp Morini. Also it looks like those ebikes stomped a hole in pretty much everybody. But I wasn't there and results dont always tell the story, would be nice to hear some "ground truth" on this.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I won both heat races but took 2nd in the main "Thanks to Scotto" flying off the track.
My top speed was 41mph with a 52 tooth rear sprocket

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
I won both heat races but took 2nd in the main "Thanks to Scotto" flying off the track.
My top speed was 41mph with a 52 tooth rear sprocket
How much better do you think you would have done with a 56 or 60? Isnt it a little odd that the Morini has to play in the 11 hp and up class even though its only 9hp?

Whats your take on the ebikes?

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I would have done worst if I used a larger rear sprocket. The straight was pretty long. I was winding out before the halfway mark. As for being in the 11hp class, it was fair because Im running a liquid cooled Morini. For the next race I'll probably try a different pipe.

The electrics were really fast but seemed like they were alway busy in the pits. Plus I can only imagine the cost of their battery packs/ controller and motor set ups. Don't get me wrong, sure their cool and one day I might build one but for now I'm happy with the Morini.