what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
After discovering they exist, and they're a shelf item at my local bike shop, I bought a couple of 'chain adjusters'. In case I got the name wrong, they're the little doodads that stop your rear axle from creeping forward and putting the wheel out of whack.
After four years of swearing at my last bike's chains and often realigning the wheel, this purchase of two $2.50 parts has made me rather happy. The new build will be so much more of a joy.
Chain adjusters were always a standard fitting on the aged heavyweight English bicycles I like to ride. I don't know why they fell out of favour on modern bikes because they ready do work and they take all the worry out of maintaining proper chain adjustment and wheel alignment.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I bet you are big time excited xseler, nothing like a ride on a motorized bicycle. it will make you smile
dnut
I cant agree with you more on this Paul, after putting the new carb on my dax build yesterday, I have been just bubbling about how much better it runs, and I enjoyed the ride yesterday very much, actually ended up pedaling about 3/4 of a mile home because I ran it out of gas..... that stunk pretty bad because it was uphill almost the entire way, had to get off bike and walk some of it, dang legs burning...!

Happy riding all....

Map
.wee.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thanks guys.... Another one in the raw, just clear coat
excellent......... making me wish I had my shop set up already, I have a GX200 196cc clone engine with several mods I plan to have on a bike in the future and I have two little grey hound 79cc engines still in the box new I plan to stick on bikes, when I have things set up to do better fabricating work......

beautiful bike man....... I love that raw industrial look, Bairdco has a couple bikes that have that look, just raw steel mill looking and I like it, just looks tough and mean....!

map

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I've been working on the new build (no thread for it yet, and my pc has decided it won't talk to my phone today, so no pics right now).

• Front motor mount was widened successfully, it's a tight fit but that's fine
  • Sprocket's center hole was widened just enough to fit, and it's mounted.. (added bonus, 36 spoke wheels)
  • Motor is mounted
  • Muffler had to have the holes filed to clear the crank, done and installed
  • I'd raided this motor for the magneto coil some time ago. Pulled out a 'dead' magneto coil and went over it. Discovered the problem was where the coil is 'soldered' by the factory. Got that fixed, and it's within spec on the Ohm meter. (Feeling good about that). Removed the white wire, coil's installed in the motor now.
  • Pulled apart the front hub. On the outside, there was a layer of gunk that felt and looked like it'd been around a deep fryer.. thick and sticky. The inside of the hub was also had deposits of that gunk, and the bearings and races were solid with it. Cleaned everything out, wiped all the gunk off the bearings and so on. Repacked in green heavy duty axle grease, reassembled and installed the front wheel. Never opened up a hub before, it went pretty well.
  • Replaced the wire and boot on a CDI, haven't installed it yet.
So, let's see... that leaves

• install CDI, throttle, clutch lever and cable
  • decide if I'm going to make a clutch roller or not
  • mount tank
  • install carb (probably pull that apart first to be sure it's clean), fuel line and filter
  • install chain (and roller if needed)
  • put the seatpost and seat back on
  • dig out a kickstand and give it a leg to stand on when it comes down out of the sling.
Not bad.. should be ready to test ride and tune pretty soon.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I drove out to see Dan (Taylar Motor Bikes) and the weather was absolutely Great, smells of fall in the air and blue sky's as well, GREAT! weather either on the coast or in the High Desert.