A polini PWK

GoldenMotor.com

ldrancer

Jun 3, 2014
3rd planet
hey, i got a 24mm Polini brand PWK. i tried askign about this before I used the thing, but Sudco wasnt very much help. Its better that way, they know everything about carburetors.

Ive got a Polini i tired a oko first but it was way bad, PWK carb. And i have break up on low down throttle. it makes it, impossible to tune the pilot jet. And impossible really to get it to take off.

Thats what I find. Am i the only one to ever tune a carburetor? Or should I be returning this? or can someone help me? The oko carb done this, bad. the polini, it was nice but i was testing it by hand, using my mouth to check for leaks.

the problem is. id suck on teh side the engine would suck on the carb on. id have the slide, let all the way down. done this on both the polini and oko. ok, the oko would suck air around the side of the slide. when i pushed the slide from behind, it would go back and forth and had a lot of play.
the polini, it had just a tiny bit, like i could fit, maybe my fingernail in there. thats it. i would suck and air would come around the slide. But, occasionally, the slide woudl stick forward, like twice, out of all the times i done it, and the air would only come from the pilot jet hole, for the most part. Thats where i called sudco and asked them about it. They said oh D slide carbs, oh they got, room. There better that way. They're better.

SO anyone ever tuned one of these things? can help me out with this? know something about it?