Rat bobber

GoldenMotor.com

RAT ROD

Feb 7, 2013
RIVERSIDE CA
The TIRES and WHEELS are 4 inch wide and ride so smooth. To answer the ENGINE question I just put this and that on from my junk box to get the overall look, the valves and head came from a 4 cylender Wisconson chipper motor. The faux crank case/engine mount I had lazer cut then add weld caps and the like on as needed...hope that helps THANKS for the questions...DAVE

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Very nice work! Looks like when spring stretched by moving lever it releases the belt tension to sheave and is in sort of neutral?

I see a tank by the crankcase, but also the gas tank tubular form up on the frame. What is the one by the crankcase for or is it faux look?

MT

RAT ROD

Feb 7, 2013
RIVERSIDE CA
It's a tool box for starter rope and stuff all tho I have only had need for tools once on another bike, but it's good insurance....DAVE

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Know what else would work is i picked up some track light cans at thrift store. They nice round dome on the ends and just a couple small mounting hole to weld shut,just put two end to end ......................Curt

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Can u put up some pics of those can lites thanks dave
For anyone else's sake they look like your tank cut in half with a hanging bracket attached, so all one would have to do is weld them end to endand patch a couple small holes.
Don't know how to post pictures........................Curt

Heretic

Mar 13, 2013
burlington vt
I know you mentioned pull start rope but are you also thinking about a kick start ?
I've been working with one-way needle bearings, first one worked a few weeks then ate it's self. Second try seems to work like gangbusters. I had to rebuild the whole darn thing but now I've learned how not to make a kickstart.

http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing...arings/19252/0-7500x1-0000x1-0000-rcb121616fs

Just in case any one was looking for one.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
I really love this bike ! The fat tires make it look very motorcycley.

Did you have to scratch build those forks to accept the wide tires?

Also, you mentioned a new owner. Do you mind me asking how much it would cost to own a bike like that made by you?

This is one of my favorite bikes on the forum.

Gilbert

ElGallo

Jul 1, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
whats the head on that thing
i have been using the gx200 and love the power and smoothness of them
the next build ill be using the subaru version an ex21 with ex17 head.
great build.