Peace! I'm Out! (Sold my MBs)

GoldenMotor.com

Radar00

Apr 28, 2016
PA
Whelp it was good while it lasted but I needed the upgrade. I sold my motorized bikes, actually 2 of them I traded for a Honda 1974 CB550 that I'm going to rebuild. In addition to that I got a little Suzuki GZ250 to scoot around on.

As for the CB550 its going to be a fun rebuild. The bike was a barn find in horrible condition other than the engine which turned out to be a gem. The previous owner "thought" it was seized up. Turned out it wasn't.

Here is a short video of the bike
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23nF0vC9cCc

I'll be posting more vids as I restore it thought I wont post it here since this is for MBs.

Nice being here

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Nice score Radar on the CB. I've ridden my buddies GZ250 it was a fun little bike. Got to do a 400 mile ride on it and I had a blast. I had to push that little 250 hard to keep up with my buddies but it was still fun even though a few times I lost sight of the rest of the pack lol.

Feel free to share your restoration or anything else. Yes this is a MB forum but that is why we have the tavern forum; we are all 2 wheel enthusiast here and many of us would enjoy seeing anything with two wheels.

sbest

Nov 3, 2015
Nova Scotia
I picked up a seized 2001 KTM 250 a few weeks ago, and put my 2001 380 EXC motor into it. Spent past couple days jetting and riding. Gobs of power, feels like a big 4 stroke for power delivery. King of wheelies...

Scary bike, like a loaded pistol, watch where you point it. Starts easily and usually first kick.

My other 2 stroke passion is Yamaha Blasters. I have one with a KTM 250 engine and have helped my son build a few. This is my 240cc bored and stroked Blaster, fittingly finished for me by my son a while ago.

Steve

sbest

Nov 3, 2015
Nova Scotia
I have a brand new Harley Davidson but,

Once this gets in your blood, you never stop!
I guess that is what I am trying to say, thanks for the words.
The motorized bike is back to basics, a reality check.
I don't lack for toys, but I really appreciate these China Girls for what they teach me.

Steve

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Nice score on the CB550!
I love those old Hondas (& the CB550 is my favorite). (^)

I have to agree, the motorized bicycles are something that just get into the blood (& in many ways are more fun than motorcycles).

Anyone who knows me, knows that one of my many hobbies is restoring old motorcycles...
I'm curently working on this 68 Triumph 650.

Attachments

Last edited:

wrenching4fun

Jun 6, 2016
North Carolina
Every time I get on my Road King I laugh at my MBs sitting in garage. But then I get an idea and I'm right back to wrenching on one of my creations. It's a disease, man, you can go into remission for a while, but can't seem to get "cured". Good luck with your restorations.