Does anyone reconize this engine

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Ludwig,
Thanks for the effort. I got pretty excited when I saw an engine that SilverBear was using. Thought it was the same engine, after I calmed down I realized it had a removable head, Bummer!
Guess that engine is going back on the shelf. I don't want to put major effort building a bike around it and not be able to get old replacement parts.

I have been putting in some serious time on the new. Decided to go with a tecumseh 2 cycle 3HP instead of the mystry engine. I have a pile of these tecumseh engines, so repair parts will not be a problem.

Thanks again

Jim English(Russell)

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
That makes sense. I will still ask around though, I just hate not knowing what a thing is.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
The air filter / housing, look more like it, the ones I've seen of other post are larger. Though mixing a different air filter with a carb and engine not the original has been heard of being done. This seems like a recent picture, and the chrome if that is what it is has no rust?

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
This is a recent total restoration. It was rescued from a state resembling a really bad scab.

I think the engine we're looking at is probably an early Power Products, as it has split crankcases. The head has inline fins, but it's not alone in the PP range, although most use annular fins all the way to the top. There's a vague possibility it's out of a Lombard chainsaw, the mower engines used an exposed rotating fan.

One day, all shall be clear. Honest.