USA
So got a wide piece of angle arm .
Cut some grooves and holes in and welded it on . Turn out pretty good
This pic is a bottom view

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
See i every year at garden tractor pulls 454 chev 800 hp in a garden tractor, they look like a small dragster only 6ft. long or not much over that. What a blast and that's about it,just a quick blast pulling weight sled a block. Lots of tire smoke........Curt

HotRodRob

Apr 14, 2013
Western KY
A #41 chain should work. You can find them at tractor supply an places like that locally. Measure the sprocket to make sure first but it should work.

Imthegrt1

Nov 8, 2014
USA
What will be used for the tank?
So thinking of. Using a fire Extinguisher for a tank.
Drill hole in the side of it for the hose to connect put a below connector were the handle is to fill it up.
I know I don't want a kit tank just don't like the look of them.
Got any idea?

Imthegrt1

Nov 8, 2014
USA
Jack shaft in gears on chain on (mock up) have to go get new chain breaker.
Rear chain very close to the outter triangle frame.

Attachments

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I'll be watching this build. I do know cutting off welds to redo some second thoughts can be a real $^%. Cannobball2 mentions about some more reduction. This may be something to think about before making welds that position a jackshaft that might limit the area for a larger reduction.

One thing I know from a long time past is that without any clutch, the engine can start off chugging and still get going.

It is from more recent build I had to change is that the centrifugal clutch would scrape and heat up the shoes and I would start out real slow with my 8:1 ratio on a 26 wheel. You have I see smaller wheel size so that helps overall torque to wheels. Currently I am using about 20:1 ratio and have fun trail riding.

MT

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=54926 Trail Riding

Imthegrt1

Nov 8, 2014
USA
Ok jackshaft in,gears and collars on,chain on finally got a chain breaker.
Coasted it down the hill today to see just how it feel.felt good didnt realize is a lot heavier than I though it be.

Attachments