Just Wanted to Say

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I tell will tell you this guys, If Norman can't get you straight on the bike, then you need to take up TV watching as a hobby and forget the bikes.

I had a piston get jammed up because I was stupid. I had never been inside an engine at all. Norman took the time and patience to walk me though repairing the piston and putting in new set of rings. Now it is hard to believe but I was absolutely terrified to open that motor up. I expected it to be a box of parts at the end of the day. Instead I was riding the bike a couple of days later.

Thanks again Norm, are are da man.

Deacon.....

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Deacon
Your welcome! I think you are now a welder to boot messing with these bikes.
Not to mention a do it yourself kind of guy.
Did you look for the morel mushrooms this year? I heard that in Mo. the hunting was good at least around Cuba,Mo.
Norman

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
What the heck is a morel mushroom. Is that one of those you cook up with steak and onions. Then take the distributor out of your wife's car and watch lol...

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Deacon
this is what morel's look like I made a clay model of a couple shrooms cast them in plastic and tried to paint them. Sort of what they look like. If you hunt these they are very good to eat fried.Bread in flower and fry in butter.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Not the ones you feed to the ex wife I assume. they look kind like a mushroom that has closed up like an umbrella. Since most mushrooms look like an open umbrella to me.,

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Here in Texas where I live it's too dry and I have not found any but if I do I'll pig out on them.
I have heard that some guys have found them here so far I haven't. When I lived in Wyoming I happened upon a shroom patch there in the spring I'd go find them and pig out. You can even find them in the mountains(in Wyoming) a year after a forest fire burns the forest they come up in August for some reason. did I say I love to hunt them?
In Virginia they come up in April about the third week is best and the hunting is very good I never seen so many in one place I could pick about a wall mart shopping bag full in 2 to 3 hours. I had a ball and was giving them away had to many at one time I had 30 lbs. in the freezer ready to fix. I even dried them made soup. I foundered on them.
Goat Herder.That is one cool site for the morels.
Norman

Last edited:

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
Norman yes it was a good year here in Missouri but they came earlier than expected. Found about 50 in ten minutes one day .
I have found that people in Mo., Ill., and Iowa count the shrooms I used to until I lived in Va. for 8 years then it was by the LBS.
I love it shroom hunting!
Norman

Last edited by a moderator: