Butch's EZM Recumbent

GoldenMotor.com

Butch K

May 9, 2008
Princeton, MN
I just finished installing my EZM kit on a recumbent that I built over the winter. I had to wait for the weather to warm up here in Minnesota so I could get it painted. I like to pedal along with the motor so I made a 72t. chain ring out of .125 aluminum. I went for my first ride today and other than a minor belt tension adjustment it ran great. Did not open it up all the way but cruised at 30 MPH at about 6800 RPM. It’s quite a bit quieter than the Grubee GB.

Attachments

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I like your bike I have a recumbent in the works but haven't worked on it for a while. It a home made bike called the easy clone or something like that got the info off the net. I got lazy and need to make or buy some parts plus I find it hard to ride or I should say get used to now if I put an engine on it that would make it easier to ride.
Norman
Again you have a very nice looking bike bet it rides good.

GregLWB

Nov 12, 2008
Dallas, Oregon
I like your bike. It looks a lot like an AZ build to me. I built a similar bike for running around town but did not motorize it. I also have a LWB AZ TourMaster that I just finished and swapped my GEBE 35cc motor onto.

Here is a pic of my AZ 26/20 HighRoller.

Greg

Butch K

May 9, 2008
Princeton, MN
I just finished installing my EZM kit on a recumbent that I built over the winter. I had to wait for the weather to warm up here in Minnesota so I could get it painted. I like to pedal along with the motor so I made a 72t. chain ring out of .125 aluminum. I went for my first ride today and other than a minor belt tension adjustment it ran great. Did not open it up all the way but cruised at 30 MPH at about 6500 RPM. It’s quite a bit quieter than the Grubee GB.
Here are a few more pics of my EZM Recumbent. I added a suppport bracket for the tranny and also a chain tensioner. I also added a sprocket and adapter from Manic Mechanic. It installed fairly easy but because of my small hub diameter (3/4") and larger 12 gauge spokes it was a tight squeeze through the spokes. Chain tension is nice and even all the way around. I also painted the motor cover black.
I experimented a bit with the original and a larger primary drive sprocket. I got the following RPM results for anyone interested.
With the 9t. sprocket:
25 MPH @5500 RPM
30 MPH @6500 RPM
35 MPH @7600 RPM
Didn't want to over rev the engine so I quit at 35 MPH.
With the 11t. sprocket:
25 MPH @ 4500 RPM
30 MPH @5500 RPM
35 MPH @6500 RPM
40 MPH @7300 RPM

Attachments

Last edited: