my engine leans!?

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Ok guessing here could the extra spacers give way to warping the studs at the rear? Just thinking out loud here. I am wondering how you got the extra mount [ spacer]. Musta been the newer kit. If the studs are not a grade eight strength, plus 6mm is a small stud.Strength wise.

mycam8u2

Dec 5, 2008
pennsylvania
hey 2 door where did u get that front mount, i need one just like it.the funky lookin one with the muffler clamp

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
hey 2 door where did u get that front mount, i need one just like it.the funky lookin one with the muffler clamp
mycam,
It is a home made item fabricated from stainless steel. Not a muffler clamp but maybe the same concept in that it uses a 'U' bolt. The bushing is polyurethane not rubber and is very rigid. Sorry, no, I don't build them to sell.
Tom

RaleighRider

Jul 3, 2009
New York
When I first mounted my engine it would start to lean left while I was riding. I didn't think much of it, and when I was done riding I would put it back and tighten the bolts... This was until without warning it popped of a bolt and fell to the left, luckily onto my pedal and not the ground. I did a little unintentional acrobatics over the handlebars and had to carry the bike nearly a mile home(It wasn't even roll-able). I decided then to drill my frame. It holds rigid in the middle now and as a bonus I have noticed less vibration. Maybe drilling the frame and bolting through it could be the answer? I know it sounds as appealing as drilling a hole in your own head but if it is leaning dangerously it could be worth it. Hope this helps.

cyclepro101

May 13, 2009
NEWCASTLE
Nice pick up Tom. That is weired. How did he ge thte thing to fit. Either way with the motor being that far awat from the frame I would bet there would be a lot of flex/movement when the motor is running.