Help!!!! magic man

GoldenMotor.com

magic man

Feb 28, 2009
coulmbus oh
I just got my 80 cc dual start 3 speed dual brake gas motor. Everything looks great but i don't have any instructions as how to hook up the clutch or much of anything the motor came with a manual with a few picks that shows me the sprocket hook up and how the motor sets on the frame other than that's it. I called the place where i got it it was The lashop.com they said that was all there was.I need HELP!!!Also the motor bolts are to short to mount the motor to the frame and if i put it where it needs to go my peadleds hit the the motor any one got any instructions they can email me or any ideas???? I am mounting this on a 26 inch huffy mountian bike 18 speed PLEASE HELP if anyone can give me any web sites where i can get instructions as to get this thing hooked up.also any picks of differen't motor mount ideas I dont wont to go threw the frame if all possible. Thanks for the HELP Magic Man

Last edited:

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Vancouver Island BC .Canada
Toy
I typed in (thelashop.com) and found the link...Searched the site and tried to find the info on 3 speed clutch to no avail?????? Any one have any idea what this is or do you think it is a scam...POPS

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
I just realized that we have hijacked this thread without offering to help magicman.
Your "motor bolts" are just studs, they can be unscrewed with a set of Vise Grips or a small pipe wrench. You can replace them with whatever you want, just remember that it's metric. Seeing as you don't want to drill your frame, why not raise the motor to clear the peddles and work out a front mount. There are many great ways to make front mounts. I like to drill two holes in that extra piece they give you and use a muffler clamp.
To be honest, the bike I now have, I installed the engine , mounted the little bracket at the front, it made contact with the frame and I mig welded it into place.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
Yea MM this 3 speed clutch thing woah what up with that scratch that otherwise looks like any other China engine.
There are infinite ways of getting it on there and without welding even. Sounds like your frame tubes may be a bit too thick. Search around this site and check out what others have done. You have a rather easy frame to motorize.
You'll get it.

To remove the engine studs for the mounts I use two nuts snug up to each other then when you turn both nuts the stud comes off with it. It's a 6mm stud. I replace it with a bolt more common to find at a hardware store and screw in an extra nut acts just like a stud. The adaptor kit says to drill your frame. You can do this but others have avoided drilling all together.

Last edited:

magic man

Feb 28, 2009
coulmbus oh
Hey thanks to all for the information on the clutch thing. The clutch I have that came with the kit looks like any reg clutch but this one says it's new.It has tiny clearview window on it that has 1,2and 3 on it like as if you were to shift gears or something when you squeeze the clutch lever it chances fro 1,2and 3 I don't understand it. I know how to hook it up to the motor thru the internet research But i just don't how this works .I think it works like a slipper clutch????? PLEASE help with more info. I am also haveing alot of trouble mounting the front motor mount to the frame of my bike. The motor i have is a dual start motor it can be started with pull start or by pedddling.But i had to move it up real high because my peddles were hitting the pullstart area that sticks out but all other stuff fits ok. I am fabercating something i hope that works i will give more up dates soon Thanks again for all the information I hope to have this thing fired up soon and rideing it I will let ya'll know how it's going. Please kep me infromed on the cultch thin thanks Magic man

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
In order for there to be "gears" you would need a transmission and that is just not possible seeing as you have what I will call "a regular" motor just like the rest of us.
I'm pretty sure they sell wider cranks so that your peddles don't rub. Whatever works for you is fine, but try to remember that the carburetor should be as level as is possible.
Take it easy on that pull cord, I've read a lot of posts from users saying the cord ripped.
If it were me, I'd wait until trying the pullstart until I had the engine running well.
If anyone wants a good laugh go to that link in my other post above and go to that site. They have a "live help" window. Try to get info on this "3 speed clutch handle"....I think it's a machine or they did not want to answer anything.

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
hey guys they're not saying the CLUTCH is three speeds, they're saying the clutch has a three speed shifter on it for the bike gears.

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
i just installed a 49cc 4 stoke it came with offset pedals but i didnt have the right stuff to install as they are a two peice setup..so i took my stock one peice put them in a vice heated them up with atorch and bent them to match the curves on the ones thst came with the kit. worked great. gurned all the cheapy plating off but thats ok. will try and seb]nd a pic later if i have time..xx.

magic man

Feb 28, 2009
coulmbus oh
Found clutch information??? And Light kit from bisiganlas (indacator lights)

While searching today i saw that pablo had a web site that he had posted so i went to the web site and found my clutch. It is called for the web site bicycle-engines.com a Thumb clutch engager lever with brake lock combo.it has the clear window on it with the numbers on it 1,2,3.Also duing my reseach i found another site you have to type in Alibaba.com - The world's largest online B2B marketplace. bike parts this should bring this up and look for what they call the clutch lever and brake combo same thing. I now think i can hook this up right. Thanks for all the help everyone.I will let you know how things are going with my bike.

Hey I also wanted all to know i recieved my lighst form bisiganals the inderactor light set . I must say these are the neatest things i have ever seen when it comes to bike lights. The wireless turn signels are great the led lights are very bright you can really see good in the day light the night is even better.The headlight is really bright to these are very easy to mount on the bike just take them out of the nice zipper bag they come with pull them apart slid them on there mounting brackets turn them own and your off. I stood about 25 feet away from the rear section and hit the button for the turn signel and no problem with them working. If you have the chance to get these for your bike I highely recomend these.any questions drop me a line.See ya Magic man

cityevader

May 11, 2008
Santa Cruiz, CA
I used one of those "3 speed clutches" on my last build. Works great for reducing the clutter on the handlebar. It's a bike-specific component that combines a brake lever and front deraileur shifter (trigger-shift style) in one unit. On a motorbike, the shifter part is then used to apply/release the clutch....granted, you want to fully "shift" full on or full off so as to not slip the clutch.....BUT, to say you get multiple speeds from slipping the clutch at multiple rates is ludicrous and deceptive to say the least!

Last edited: