attaching sprocket.

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Why can't i just take the dust cover off a crusier wheel. Mount the sprocket and then cut a round piece of coke can or roof flashing and glue it to the sprocket as a new cover.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
All you have to do is either grind out the sprocket a little or grind the edge off the cap. I grind the edge off the cap, then stick it back on with grease.

steel rat

Mar 20, 2008
I have a problem with attacching the sprocket and the coaster brake arm, the sprocket that came with my kit is flat not dished and the coaster brake arm does not fit on its mount on the wheel with sprocket mounted on the wheel. Have others have the same problem and how do you fix it to have rear brakes. Thanks in advaance for any and all help.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Yes note you have to bend the coaster brake arm. It will have to be bent to offset the front of the arm. Kind of looks like a lightening bolt. I don't have a pictures but someone probably does..... If you have a vice it is pretty easy without one you might have to use a hammer and pipe method. lay it over a pipe and hold one end then hit the other to bend it.

Much easier with a vise. You are just ending the arm out so it will clean the bolts I expect.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
on my cruiser i took off the dust cap and tossed it,i dont need it and my sprocket fits on perfect and i didnt need to bend nothing.
I cut the lip off the dust caps with tin-snips. (it's very easy)
If you don't keep the dust cap, the grease will all spin out of the bearings & rot the rubber sprocket mounts. I know this now, because I used to just toss 'em too! ;)

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
One of the tricks, is to tighten the bolts gradually in a "star" pattern! & constantly spin the wheel to re-check the sprocket for "straightness" in all directions.