Midwest Motorized Bicycle Cruise

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
You guys make me envious. Nobody else in my neck of the woods to ride with and you're too far away for me to go there. I'd sure like, to, though. Do us all a favor and take lots of pictures, okay? And use that cool video cam, too. Stay safe, you guys and have fun! Maybe this will become an annual event...
SB

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
Still planning of June 13. Not really much to report except to say I have been looking at various routes for a cruise for the participants to consider when time gets closer. Just mainly waiting to see how many we have interested and then when we are around 4 weeks outs...we can really hammer down some details and also have a better idea of who is going to be able to make it and who is not.
I would say that the best thing we can do during this time is drum up as much interest as we can and then come May when we are 4-6 weeks out we can then get a schedule for the meet/cruise day made up and and I will send participants some information on daily schedule, possible lodging for those who might need it,maps for our cruise routes , lunch menu, directions, contact info, etc etc.
I am still in. Keep the updates coming.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Do us all a favor and take lots of pictures, okay?
SB
I plan to do just that. I have my RC drone with GPS guidance and stabilization that is video camera equipped as well as my video sunglasses and a GoPro knockoff mounted on my helmet. Should be able to get some great video and photos from several different views and perspectives. Going to be a good time!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I plan to do just that. I have my RC drone with GPS guidance and stabilization that is video camera equipped as well as my video sunglasses and a GoPro knockoff mounted on my helmet. Should be able to get some great video and photos from several different views and perspectives. Going to be a good time!
I can't wait to see you riding a bike and flying that drone at the same time. That alone will be worth the trip. :)

I had a friend some years ago that flew a scale R/C Bell Jet Ranger while his wife drove the car. They would pass people on the highway, the heli passing first followed by their Beemer convertable. They got stopped, and ticketed by a Florida Trooper. But he said it was a blast until that happpened.

Tom

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Tom

We used to do something similar at our club. We would ride in the back of pickup trucks and fly RC airplanes from our club field over to another landing strip 8 miles from our field. Of course we flew over non populated areas and down quiet country roads. Always a lot of carnage along the way. lol

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Is our date still confirmed? June 13?

I haven't seen any updates and just wondering how many are still committed to this gathering. About all I need to do is load the bike/s, fill my pickup's gas tank and head east.

I'm not making hotel reservations this year. Last year, when I had to cancel my trip I got charged for two hotel rooms that I didn't use. Good old American Express stepped in and got the charges dropped but I'll never book over the Internet or with Xpedia, or Orbitz again.

I'll take my chances and even sleep in my truck if I need to. :)

Tom

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
Is our date still confirmed? June 13?

I haven't seen any updates and just wondering how many are still committed to this gathering. About all I need to do is load the bike/s, fill my pickup's gas tank and head east.

I'm not making hotel reservations this year. Last year, when I had to cancel my trip I got charged for two hotel rooms that I didn't use. Good old American Express stepped in and got the charges dropped but I'll never book over the Internet or with Xpedia, or Orbitz again.

I'll take my chances and even sleep in my truck if I need to. :)

Tom
I am committed to the ride and the date.

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
I’m in.

Although my bike is so not Illinois legal, hope that’s not a issue. “- )

I recently checked into the forum’s Members map to see if there was anyone else nearby to contact, not too many, not too close...

-Kirk

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Yep...June 13th is our date to ride. Sorry for lack of updates. Been working long days and 7 days a week, but my schedule has returned to normal and I am sure looking forward to our ride.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I’m in.

I recently checked into the forum’s Members map to see if there was anyone else nearby to contact, not too many, not too close...

-Kirk
The area we will be riding is very rural and mostly quiet farm country. I really don't see there being an issue with your bike.

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
I’m in.

-Kirk
Why do you say it is not Illinois legal?

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
One change I think I will make is the lunch menu. I was going to fry some fish for lunch, but that can be a bit time involving, so I think instead of fish... I will do some steaks on the grill along with baked tator, vegetable and salad. If anyone is opposed to steak I can do some chickens in my smoker the night before or cook some on the grill.

On another note...I wanted to remind folks that there is NO gas station in London Mills. The nearest gas station is 13 miles away. So make sure you bring plenty of fuel or I also keep some regular gas on hand and folks are welcome to use it for there bikes so long as they have there own oil to mix if running 2 cycle. I use opti-2 mixed 100:1 with a splash of castor added...so if anyone uses that mix I am happy to share it as well if you don't want to or can't transport fuel with you.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
OPTI-2 @ 100:1??????? Don't you know you'll blow up your engines running that mix? I've never heard of such a thing! For-crying-out-loud, you need at least 16:1! And Castor oil makes your engines stink. Everyone knows that!

Let me think. Fish? Steak? Fish? Steak? Hmmm. Hard choice. I'll have to give that some thought :)

Tom

Last edited:

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
OPTI-2 @ 100:1??????? Don't you know you'll blow up your engines running that mix? I've never heard of such a thing! For-crying-out-loud, you need at least 16:1! And Castor oil makes your engines stink. Everyone knows that!

Tom
Tom

Yea...I can't figure out why the dang thing runs so nice? It should have thrown a rod a few hundred miles ago according to unnamed sources, but she just keeps purring along! Someone must be sneaking extra oil in my gas when I aint lookin cuz 100:1 is just plain nutso, but I have never been accused of being totally sane.
Unfortunately I have an addiction to Castor after years of mixing my own model airplane fuel. Why anyone would use that sticky stinky stuff is beyond me, but I just can't help myself....its a hard habit to kick and my idiot nose has developed a real liking for the stuff and apparently my pre-detonated china girl likes it as well!laff

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I think I'm maybe 3-3 1/2 hrs from there(terre haute indiana). If my whizzer parts come in time maybe I'll load it up for a ride .