Trike Conversion

GoldenMotor.com

KDC1956

Dec 7, 2008
Arkansas
Ok folks all this watching videos of you riding your bikes or trikes got me wanting to add a engine to my trike but I have a springer fork on my trike and I want it to be a friction drive trike/bike.And who sells this kind of engine I have been looking for a while here I guess I could set it up on the back wheel should not be to hard I don't think. Never the less I still want it to be friction drive.I love to ride my wife trike here thats what started me looking in to building my self one.I like hers but for me I wanted it to look different and mine should look pretty cool I think wife sure thinks its going to be.Like I have said before it going to be all chrome and for the tires I going for the red whit and blue tires I found online cost is not to cheap 34.99 each.
Oh well its going to be a cool looking trike.But I do need help on find a place to get a good engine.Not sure if I can find one to work on a springer fork setup.Any Ideals let me know thanks for any help on this.I,m not in a hurry at all money is slow coming here.But I will get it done by this summer just in time to get hot.(^)

Etriker

Jan 12, 2009
Lakewood Ohio
I am an avid triker myself. I have had a 2 cycle sears free spirit (70s vintage) front friction drive on a trike, and at present have an Electric Bile Factory double 12 volt motor. After having used friction drive for several years I have found they are nice in dry weather, but they are not too good on wet pavement. I am now looking at a 4 cycle that mounts on the back of our Trailmate Desotos. This would run via chain to the dead axel.