los angeles riders feb 10 lets go!!

GoldenMotor.com

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
okay so the powers that be have now allowed my to address my concerns

by naming names in my posting for the feb 10th la ride i felt that was equivALENT TO ENGRAVED INVITATIONS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF TRUCKD WHO HAS A FRIEND IN NEED AND TURKMAN WHO RODE ALONG WITH ME THE PREVIOUS WEEKEND AND SAID HE WOULD NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING WEEKEND AND BLAake who though- caps unintentional but having types a version of what i am trying to say over 5 times f..... it--enthusiastic was a no show and ccc who came to show off his latest great creation but did not ride and magrider who had the COURTESY to rsvp there was jake whose support made the ride everything it was

i feel most fortunate that the day presented me with the opportunity to make new friends who happen to live in my neighborhood and ride every weekend all over los angeles sometimes in numbers in excess of 100 riders

they have welcomed me into their ranks and their friendship and comraderie is greatfully appreciated given i get a faster bike going i am sure i can hang with the pack although being dead last and seeing the others off in the distance is perfectly fine with me --
it lets me know i was there and that works for me

maybe someone more tuned in can explain why at the first cali event willow 1 there were over 75 rider /enthusiasts and now race events are lucky to draw 25 riders
why
has baird who went out of pocket to create an opportunity for so many to ride on an organized track for race events now "feels the bike thing is just not as fun as it used to be"

cool comes in all sizes shapes and colors and so does lame

ride safe

Last edited:

Blake84

Jul 15, 2011
miracle mile los angeles
I don't really understand where this thread is going or what's going on. I saw my name not sure what it was about. I still enjoy the hobby of motor biking but I personally have gotten more into workin on cars so I'm not as enthusiastic abou it as I once was. When its a little warmer and I didn't just get back into town from a 3 week business trip I will try And make one of your rides. As far as your post that I said "SEEMED" racist not was racist. I just said something because I thought maybe someone would get offended and maybe you would want to rewrite it....because it could be taken wrong by someone. It didn't offend me I could careless what anyone writes

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
thanks for clarifying blake i hope despite your present car/ truck activity you will opt to ride in the future

yeah mason man-ray

as far as i am concerned anyone with a helmet who respects the rules of the road and does not endanger anyone is welcome to ride--moped guys listening christian ??

the more the merrier.

ride safe

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
We'll have to plan another beach ride soon... Sorry I missed this one but I've got a lot on my plate these days.

Just to set the record straight... Many of '48th st' guys are my friends & I really like riding with them too because they ride like I do, (real fast).
The problem is that many of them ride with totally open exhaust pipes on their bikes & draw a lot of attention from the police at the beach... (They were all pulled over right after one of the last rides & warned not to come back with those loud pipes). :(

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
good to find you'll be in there in the future venice-- i did get word life has been more than full for you these days
norm--call a ride

of the guys who did show up only one had a PARTICULARY loud straight pipe but going down the road it may prove to be a safety factor letting texting -on the phone -with ear buds- stupids know you are there much like the hd's

set a date

bizcotch

Oct 27, 2008
Los Angeles
I'll probably make it to the next one. Been out of the scene for a while now, but I've been riding. How about an LA night ride?

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
hi biz glad to hear you are riding

regarding a night ride we did one about two years ago --started at los feliz went into china town and around alamenda blvd and returned
beyond bike lites not working and falling off in some cases with the number of distracted-texting or otherwise ?????car and truck drivers these days i would not want to be out on the streets of la at night ---day time is dangerous enough

i know it would be convenient for many to ride at night but i for one would not do so

hope day rides will work for you and if not if a night ride does occur ride safe