When Do You Pedal?

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The only time that I pedal is when I run out of gas. Today was one of those rare days, I actually ran out of gas 3 times today!

How did I manage that after just filling up yesterday? The answer is that I left my petcock on overnight and the ethanol in the fuel took a toll on my fuel line. So slowly overnight and throughout the day my gas tank nearly drained itself, unbeknownst to me.

Then after fixing the fuel line and gassing up again, I shut the petcock off when I arrived at my parents house. When I left in the near dark about a half a mile down the road I ran out for the third time.......forgot to turn the petcock back on.....DOH!

It was a fun ride just the same as I made it home before the rain started. I like the end of this vid....it's kinda funny.

http://youtu.be/dMIAwVGaVNg

dnut

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
To each there own preference , But I pedal up hills and shut the motor off going down hills and pedal when needed to get motor running again. I'm a big guy and My legs and my back can't handle a lot of pedaling so I rely on the motor most of the time.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Usually just to start the motor...then when taking off from stop signs and red lights...or on the occasional time when I'm way out in the sticks I will pedal with no motor...i enjoy the silence and solitude that connecticuts back roads offer...even in the winter when its 29° at 3pm I'm bound to burn some gas thru the bike...

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
With my mere 1.3hp electric, somewhat surprisingly I don't actually need to pedal even to start off... but I do anyway for two reasons, the first being that it helps conserve my range reserve, the second being it's a laugh riot as the bike launches of the line "faster" than the normal traffic, so I get to choose my line with the front wheel bouncing off the pavement with every downstroke... makes me feel like superman or somethin' lol

Folks almost always look so befuddled, being an electric hub it's hard to tell it's motorized at all - I've even had roadbikers praise me for being in such amazing shape... then they watch as I zoom up the hill still pedaling... backwards now to further mess w/people's brains rotfl

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
With my mere 1.3hp electric, somewhat surprisingly I don't actually need to pedal even to start off... but I do anyway for two reasons, the first being that it helps conserve my range reserve, the second being it's a laugh riot as the bike launches of the line "faster" than the normal traffic, so I get to choose my line with the front wheel bouncing off the pavement with every downstroke... makes me feel like superman or somethin' lol

Folks almost always look so befuddled, being an electric hub it's hard to tell it's motorized at all - I've even had roadbikers praise me for being in such amazing shape... then they watch as I zoom up the hill still pedaling... backwards now to further mess w/people's brains rotfl
I love it......laff Anything to PO roadies and keep em guessing and confused is one of life's little pleasures for me. When I was in top shape some 20yrs. ago, I used to love blowing past them on my mtn. bike and leave them in the dust, especially on hills sitting down. They would crumble. Didn't know what hit em lol.

dnut

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Hey Scotto, did you make that vid with the new camera you were talking about buying? It looked pretty good.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Yeppers, that's $40 special GoPro look-a-like from Big Lots. It works quite well and I'm happy with it so far.......just don't mount it on your handlebars ;)
I might have to find me one. I scratched the lens on my camera.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I might have to find me one. I scratched the lens on my camera.
I should have bought a couple, they blew out of them at the store a mile away. I'm hoping to find one tomorrow at one of the other two nearby stores. My youngest son wants one pretty bad for Christmas......I'd hate to disappoint him as he really does deserve one. I wonder if these have replacement lens covers on the water-proof case like the GoPros.......they are held on with screws and a seal? I kinda doubt it some how.