So-Cal 'Los Angeles' motorized bicycle ride this Saturday 11/10/12

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
We're hosting another 'Venice Beach' MB club ride this saturday morning 11/10/12.
All motorized bicycle riders are welcome to join us!
I'll post more details about the route & where we will start real soon.

*edit*... Right now, they're saying 30% chance of rain... (which is real good for us)! (^)

Last edited:

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego
Re: So-Cal 'Los Angeles' MB ride this Saturday 11/10/12

Damn I live close enough to that its possible to go, but far enough away that I can't actually go...

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

Ok... Here's where we're starting... The Federal building parking lot at 10am. & we will roll out at 10:30.
We will take San Vicente all the way to the beach & then go to Venice Pier for some drinks & food before riding back.
If it's dry on Saturday morning?, we're riding!! (^)

Here's a map to the starting point at 10am...
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=los+...ire+blvd&cid=0,0,3988301706415377649&t=m&z=16

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles

too far away to be there but i hope the weather holds out for you

just spent 400 euros to fix a roof leak and had to do it off the books otherwise 500 plus
too much money but typical here even henrys type roof gunk is over 100 bucks
and would not have done the job-- torch and asphalted roll roofing was necessary
hope it worked

ride safe

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles

I will be attending this event if it is not raining and I can get the leak in my gas tank brazed shut tomorrow night.

Hope to see everyone there,

Gilbert

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

Right now, they're talking about possible morning showers tomorrow... :(

Just remember... If it's dry enough?, we're gonna ride! (^)

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

We had a awesome ride today!
We had almost 20 riders show up! (^)
I'll post more pics real soon. :)

Last edited:

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles

I would just like to report that I had a super fun time at this event last Saturday. I met up with the group at the Federal Building and met some really cool new people I have never seen before. It was great to see so many people turn out and so many iterations of the motorized bike.

Unfortunately, as we were leaving the meet-up spot to head on over to Venice, I hit a fairly big dip coming out of the parking lot at speed and my home-made leaf spring fork bottomed out on my fender sending me up in the air and wrestling my handlebars, bull-dog style to the ground in an effort to not completely get launched over the handlebars. I was not hurt, but my bike suffered a little damage.

CCC and his son waited for me, and asked if I was ok. I told them to ride ahead, because I had some work to do on the bike to get it rideable. I tightened down some bolts on my forks to make the spring travel less. I re-adjusted my front wheel so it wouldn't rub on the fender, and I got going. Not much later, my rear belt twisted on itself and I had to adjust my jackshaft to re-align the rear belt. I finally got it going pretty good and made it to Santa Monica, but then my engine kept backfiring and my throttle started sticking because I lost one bolt on my exhaust flange, causing my throttle cable to catch on the exhaust. I got this worked out and finally made it to Venice.

However, everyone was already gone. I got there around 1pm, only an hour or so late, but I guess people didn't hang out too long. I had lunch and a couple of beers at the pier and headed out around 3:00pm.

Anyway, I didn't get to ride with the pack, but I was very proud that I was able to service my bike on the side of the road multiple times and finally make it home around 4:00.

Thanks Norm for sponsoring these rides. I hope to sponsor one myself possibly with Turkman in the near future where we start near Griffith Park and ride downtown or somewhere on this side of town.

Ride Safe,

Gilbert

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca

It was a fun ride...You forgot to mention that I ran into the back of you and rode that one out with my nuts wrapped around my tank...lol...ended up with some bent forks...just thankful we were not hurt...

A Hollywood/Downtown ride sounds fun...we use to roll that area on group rides....all the time...

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles

It was a fun ride...You forgot to mention that I ran into the back of you and rode that one out with my nuts wrapped around my tank...lol...ended up with some bent forks...just thankful we were not hurt...

A Hollywood/Downtown ride sounds fun...we use to roll that area on group rides....all the time...
Dang, sorry about the bent forks Jeff. I didn't include you in the crash scenario, because I didn't think you would want to be a part of my embarrassing story. It was pretty funny though.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles

hay norm

any more pictures to post ???? i have to enjoy the rides vicariously

ride safe

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles

thanks norm
i miss the beach and sun

good to see the smiling faces

bajaracer1

Jul 11, 2012
Encino ca.

Hey Norm. i wish i knew about this ride. i would have joined you guys for sure. i live about 20 minuets away from Venice beach. when's the next ride?