Lights and guages!!!

GoldenMotor.com

moosinatrix

Sep 2, 2009
Houston, TX
Ok so i have stripped down this 49cc mini motorcycle thing that is nowhere near the fun my bike is. I stole the lights, key ignition, funtion switches, speedo/voltometer/indicator lights, and wiring harness.

I modified the harness and got rid of the electric start circuit. i did leave the 12v regulator attached to the harness, i also have a DIY rectifier from a thread posted here, just not sure if im gonna use the 12v setup of run it 6v.

if i run 12v, im gonna have to find a way to charge without using an external charger. any ideas for this are welcome. (PS the mini motorcycle had electric starts. but it wasnt a starter motor. its a coil mounted on crankshaft with magnets mounted on case, could i make a generator that runs off of the chain??)

Just finished mounting the front lights and guages, as well as function switch (slipped right on) :p

Attachments

moosinatrix

Sep 2, 2009
Houston, TX
Hi guys!!

did alot of work to the bike today... alot!!!
I threw on a rear luggage rack, simple enough. not alot of time consumed there.
then i mounted my taillight from the donor scooter. on of the bulbs are burnt out so for right now i have the brake light wired up as the tail light. I plan on replacing the taillight with an LED light.
I broke down the wiring harness and rerouted things for a little bit cleaner look.
also added in the DIY Rectifier for White wire trickle charging. 12v system but according to the volt meter, at idle without the lights on and battery disconnected the voltometer on the guage cluster read 6v, with lights on it was unreadable. however, i did notice the lights got brighter and light up longer the higher the RPM so the capacitors in the rectifier are doing a pretty good job.
during the day, should top off the battery while riding, and at night the drain on the battery will be reduced by the power put out by the white wire.
Ill let you guys know how well it works :)
and post pics as soon as possible. it coming together really nice.