Spark plug boot replacement

GoldenMotor.com

deskman

Aug 29, 2012
california
Hello gang,

At this rate ill have no original parts... I'm fairly consistently modifying this bike daily to get it to run properly... School starts in a few weeks so I still have time to tinker...

Anyway today I built myself an chain tensioner and it's working delightfully (I think) but my newest problem is that my spark plug boot broke...I wasn't quite sure how to remove it so I just pulled it off the wire. There's now a tiny tiny amount of exposed wire without the boot.

Question:

I want to buy an Ngk boot from Napa or auto zone or something, would the boot then just slide on to the wire? Will the wire being very slightly exposed be enough to complete the circuit? If not would I just purchase 7mm wire while I'm at the store and wire it myself.

P. S. I've heard of people calling it a spark plug cap, which is more generally recognized?

Last edited:

deskman

Aug 29, 2012
california
Bought a piece that had two boots already attached to the wire and I just cut off one of the boots and twisted the wire onto the Cdi and it worked just fine.

I'm not sure that I notice any difference but now that I have a rubber boot I can just forget about it!