Its ALIVE!!! ALIVE!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

klapool

Aug 29, 2011
Wisconsin
I picked up this basket case late last fall and now its a roaring machine.

This is our 3rd motorized bike and we went with the 66cc.

the two cruisers were as quiet as we could get them and this one my son wanted to sound like my wifes Harley.

We built an exhaust by cutting off the flange of the included muffler and bent a set of handlebars from a doner bike. and welded that to a couple of seat posts welded together. next we welded an acorn nut on the end of the last seat post for back pressure. Next we cut a "Turn Out" out of an old exhaust of a broken snow thrower and it is LOUD!

We built a mount out of a 1/8th inch plate from a hitch from an old lawn tractor and cut tubes from the donor bike and welded them to the plate for the engine to mount to. then welded that whole assembly to the chopper.

We took an old sissy bar and cut it at the bend and then cut the sissy bar on the OCC and welded them together.

To mount the tank we cut some picture frame angle brackets and put them on the tank mount bolts loosely with the supplied lock washers and nuts and then welded them to the back bone of the chopper with a piece of 1/8th inch cork gasket material between the tank and frame.

its been a fun project!

here are some more pics and a short video. the video doesnt do it justice how loud this thing is!!! I am sure the neighbors are happy!!!!

And the youtube video...

http://youtu.be/eaa9kzwYV9o

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Very nice build. What a wonderful machine for your son. When I was his age, everyone I knew would have killed for a bike like that.

porkchop

Jul 13, 2012
Illinois
thats an awesome build good job!you have to be very proud watching your son cruise around on that...i know he's the talk of the neighborhood.
excellent job enjoy!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Looks good, one thing you should put a hanger on the pipe. If you have one I apologies,you don't want to break the exhaust flange studs off. I know your son likes the sound but if you restrict it a little with a cap it probably will run even better. It may be purging a lot of the fuel mix with a open exhaust.

Last edited:

klapool

Aug 29, 2011
Wisconsin
Looks good, one thing you should put a hanger on the pipe. If you have one I apologies,you don't want to break the exhaust flange studs off. I know your son likes the sound but if you restrict it a little with a cap it probably will run even better. It may be purging a lot of the fuel mix with a open exhaust.
Thanks for the info!!

I welded a 3/8" acorn nut on the end of the strait stretch just before the rusty pipe used for the turn out. I know the stock muffler has a very small outlet. I can put a smaller nut into the outlet pipe. I would like to keep the turn out pipe the same. do you think that will help?

As far as a pipe hanger, I agree! I'll fab one this week!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
A .375 opening should be enough back pressure, as long as the insulator part of the plug is tan to a medium brown you should be good to go.