Walmart 700c

GoldenMotor.com

ElGallo

Jul 1, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
i had bought the Walmart fixie for fun. I'm into biking.
Then i thought it would be hilarious to strap a motor to it. My first attempt was shot down from me getting over excited and stripping where the jug bolts go. So i just bought an entire kit from king's. A week late and delivered to the wrong address i got the new motor running.

Will try to find a way to post pics, using a smart phone that's more like an incompetent paper weight.

Which reminds me, anyone know or have any port timing maps? Both of my motors are 66cc? Thanks.

el gallo

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I like the look of that fixie bike one gear is all you need IMO just to get rollin. I was thinkin more of a fricdtion drive on a fixie tho. Welcome to the board what part of Texas are you in?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
"Will try to find a way to post pics, using a smart phone that's more like an incompetent paper weight." LOL El Gallo. I just upgraded to a "smarter then me phone."

To post pics, http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partne...c.tab=0&gsc.q=how to post pictures&gsc.page=1

Also, our host, Paul, set up Forum Runner. An app that lets you post pics right from your phone.

I use photobucket, personally. But am thinking of ditching it. Add heavy an' slow to load

There is a anti spam safe guard in the forum software so ya have to make a few posts before it will let you post pics.

It's is hysterical, the spammers. Not just the Nigerian princes trying to recapture funds. The flooring/lil blue pill/low, low financing guys crack me up. Who wakes up, finds a forum that takes perfectly good bicycles and straps motors to them. Then thinks to them selves; "Hmm, this would be a good place to sell hardwood flooring" lol.

Last edited:

gymratdaddy

Jul 7, 2012
WASATCH
Built mine on the wally fixie about 2 weeks ago... nice thing the kits are 100% bolt up. Everything lines up... very simple for a first build.

ElGallo

Jul 1, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
george_n_texas Re: Walmart 700c

I likethelook of that fixie bike one gear is all you need IMO just to get rollin. I was thinkin more of a fricdtion drive on a fixie tho.Welcometo the board what part of Texas are you in?
I have taken off the the cog and left the freewheel on there. Perfect fit, the hub it self centered the sprocket just right. ... San Antonio, i read somewhere here about people worried of the law. I ride this thing everywhere in this city not a single interruption to my travels. one day was late to work and rode opposite direction on the access road, pass a patrol car, and still nothing. George where abouts are you?

Dan Re: Walmart 700c

"Will try to find a way to post pics, using a smart phone that's more like an incompetent paper weight." LOL El Gallo. I just upgraded to a "smarter then me phone."
Just don't plug yourself into the matrix.
It's is hysterical, the spammers. Not just the Nigerian princes trying to recapture funds. The flooring/lil blue pill/low,low financingguyscrack me up. Who wakesup,findsa forum that takes perfectly good bicycles and straps motors to them. Then thinks to them selves; "Hmm, this would be a good placeto sell hardwood flooring" lol.
I was thinking maybe that sticky laminate flooring would just be easie and cost effective for beers later.

Thanks for the pic info.

gymratdaddy Re: Walmart 700c

Built mine on the wally fixie about2 weeksago... nice thing the kits are 100% bolt up. Everything lines up... very simple for a firstbuild.
Duck yeah! the kit fell in perfectly like it was meant to be there. For being the first build it went easy and smooth, going to strip it all down and paint here real soon.

ElGallo

Jul 1, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Just great!

When i got the skyhawk gt5 there was no way for the carb to fit on the intake manifold. So i fashioned a rubber shim to fit. Then on my way to work, my coworkers catch up to me and say that I'm hitting 40. Right then and there the carb falls off from the vibration. then i make a new one and off we go.
Then the chain starts to act funny, and falls off the track wheel thingy. the chain catches it and throws it in the spokes. Locks the wheel, and from the sudden stop of the chain broke the case mounting studs on the back. Now i have an engine that won't sit right,a whole from the drive gear compartment to the magneto compartment. And a nasty gash on the clutch cover. Broken spokes and chain.
I don't know how to solve the stud problem maybe weld or fashion some way the bracket to the case and tapping it.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I'm in Longview Tx right now. I used to deliver to the Wal-Marts & Pep Boys regionally out of Dallas a few years ago so I know San Antonio a little bit also spent 29 days vacationing at Lackland when I was 17. I lived in Dallas most of my life but a year ago January I was living in Corpus Christi...may move back there. Hang in there you'll work the bugs out eventually. Once you do you'll look back on your learning curve and laugh. We all went thru it or at least most of us did there are a few machinists ect. that got it right the first time out.

PS it'll really help a lot when you get pictures uploaded a picture says a thousand words literally.