Awesome light for the price!

GoldenMotor.com

SD moto man

Aug 27, 2011
San Diego
I just picked up one of these off amazon for $60 bucks:

http://www.amazon.com/Lumen-4-Mode-...1981031&sr=8-4&keywords=1000+lumen+bike+light

1,000 lumens! It lights up the whole street at night really well. During the day, I set it to pulse, and I can tell all the cars notice me now. In daylight I can see my light reflecting off street signs from about 400 feet. The battery pack is pretty small, I have it strapped around my frame's down tube.

Highly recommended!

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
$17 for custom made headlight: http://www.ebay.com/itm/150835054122?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 Its two super bright led's, 270 lumens, built-in voltage regulator (can be run off white wire, which i plan to do as soon as i receive the light. already ordered it last night), and is a sealed unit for weather resistance. $17 is not a bad price for a custom made product that can be run on the white wire safely and is also designed for use on an ht bike. I was running a 150 lumen flashlight off my white wire that was bright enough to go full speed down a dark road with no streetlight, so 270 lumens will be plenty bright enough for my needs, as i live in the city. i am very pleased with being able to run this light off the white wire, no batteries to charge or try to find a place to hide them on my bike.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I just picked up one of these off amazon for $60 bucks:

http://www.amazon.com/Lumen-4-Mode-...1981031&sr=8-4&keywords=1000+lumen+bike+light

1,000 lumens! It lights up the whole street at night really well. During the day, I set it to pulse, and I can tell all the cars notice me now. In daylight I can see my light reflecting off street signs from about 400 feet. The battery pack is pretty small, I have it strapped around my frame's down tube.

Highly recommended!
That is a great light for the price. Cree LED is a well respected company that manufactures some of the best LED's around.

I am going to purchase one for myself.

Thanks for the heads up...SD

SD moto man

Aug 27, 2011
San Diego
I have had the light for two weeks now and I still like it just as much as the first day. The battery is true to the description, 3 hours on high. I am currently looking for a really bright tail light...

It's weird, the tail lights are all measured in watts, i guess 2 is really bright. But all the headlights are in lumens.

Anyone have or seen a really bright tail light?

showcaller

Mar 9, 2011
Los Angeles
SD, and everyone else:

I have been looking for a head light and it looks like this is the one. Thanks. In the meantime I found a web site that I am going to be ordering a tail light, with the circuitry so it will get brighter when I apply the brakes and directional signals for the back. I am in the city on lots of 35 mph busy streets so I am going to take the lighting plunge. Here is the web site for all tail light and directional stuff: www.chromeglow.com

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
I use the planet bike super flash on my bike awesome battery life long lasting construction. It is really bright. Can't beat the price. $25 on average at your local bike shop.

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
I have this headlight (Philips) and it's awesome:

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-BF48L20BALXM-SafeRide-Battery-BikeLight/dp/B00620Z97G

Philips did alot of research with optics, focusing their efforts on getting the light in a pattern like a car headlight instead of a round beam. It paid off.

I didn't pay anywhere near $200 for mine, got mine off ebay for $27 shipped. I got very lucky with the timing of the auction, I suspect.

It's certainly not the best looking thing, but it's definitely the best bike light I have ever owned.