*VIDEO* My 6HP OCC chopper build.

GoldenMotor.com

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
dude, why jump out a 25 foot tree when a 15 foot tree will kill ya. 40mph is fast enough for the street. but i'm gettin old,i still remember 100mph everynight on my 69 h-1. now that i think back that was pretty stupid of me. but i would not have listened anyway. take it to the races check em out. ride safe dennis

socal_machinist

Jun 23, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
lol lets just say the option to do 50 if what I'm after but I would love try my ride on a private track. I'm guess I'm having a grass is greener situation how does a 2hp 2 cycle do 50 mph?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
lol lets just say the option to do 50 if what I'm after but I would love try my ride on a private track. I'm guess I'm having a grass is greener situation how does a 2hp 2 cycle do 50 mph?
Stock 66 cc 2 strokes make a bit over 2 hp

You need more than 4 hp to go 50mph and hotted up motors
can easily make that and with a small light rider and tall gearing
they will go over 50 mph.

The most powerful 66 cc 2 strokes with case inducted reed valves
probably make close to 8? hp
They are going close to 50 mph with a 40 tooth sprocket on the
race track.

50 cc reed valved air cooled Morini motors make 9.6 hp

I am working on getting a small dyno at the next race on Sat Sept 1st
at Willow Springs raceway.

socal_machinist

Jun 23, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Well I've got two sprockets in the mail one is 16T the other is 18T In the mean time I might play with the chain tension its super reliable but its also super tight I'm wondering if adding a tiny bit of slack would help.
Side note: I've gone 16 miles since I installed the keepers no mechanical malfunctions

Last edited:

socal_machinist

Jun 23, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Well I got up to 45 mph with the bigger sprocket but thats after really really hammering down the gas on this thing. I'm thinking about putting it up for sale and starting fresh with a 100% custom frame and a a 200CC ATV or dirtbike engine/ 5 speed transmission set like crazyhorse did.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
DISC BRAKES!!!!, special thanks to DMB for hooking up the parts, thanks bro!

http://i50.tinypic.com/50jk8k.jpg

http://youtu.be/0cvKCXZpvhY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX8Cs5FDTnE

SoCal_Machinist, could you please show a close up picture of your front disc brake setup, and explain how you managed to mount the disc brake rotor and caliper without the rotor rubbing the front fork tube?

Thanks,
Crazy Horse.
P.S. Forum member " ResetBTTN " is trying to solve this issue with his front disc brake rotor rubbing against the fork tube, I as well am curious how you managed to accomplish running a disc brake on your stock front forks on your motorized Schwinn OCC Stingray Pedalchopper, without your rotor rubbing the fork tube.