Bairdco Racing Series, September 15th at Adams

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
yeah, i dumped 100's of bmx trophies onto the same guys that gave them to me. donated them to the local track 30 years ago.

your morini's gonna be in the unlimited class, based on it's hp.

the beginner, novice, and expert classes are just for the china's.

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
we can take out the S turns before and after the S/E back corner and we'd have a super fast track with plenty of passing room. or just take out one set to keep it interesting.

if i can't get out there before race day, we can mix it up in practice and let the riders decide.

i still think it would be cool to change it up before the finals. that would really keep everyone on their toes...:)

should be a big race. i talked to a group of hardcore street bikers who are looking for some low-budget fun. if they can get their bikes done in time we might have some more competition out there.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
This is just my two cents, but I think it might be a bad idea to change the track during the day... Riders get into a rhythm going through the turns, & changing it later in the day might cause some bad crashes while riders are trying to 'step it up' & go extra fast to win the final. :/

I think we should race on the very same course that we had been practicing on all day!

Just something to consider. :)

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
That is some very good sound advice!

This is just my two cents, but I think it might be a bad idea to change the track during the day... Riders get into a rhythm going through the turns, & changing it later in the day might cause some bad crashes while riders are trying to 'step it up' & go extra fast to win the final. :/

I think we should race on the very same course that we had been practicing on all day!

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
norm, i just thought it'd be an interesting idea. wouldn't do it unless the racers were cool with it.

but if a spectator like neil thinks it's a bad idea, it must be. everyone knows how much i respect his opinion... ;)

sleepy hollow

Apr 28, 2012
huntington beach ca
well looks like the 6.5hp will be ready for the track, but i might be disqualified, the pedals are still on the bike but can't make a full rotation, anyway ill be riding the bike from H.B. to adams track

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
that's a long ride!

as far as the pedals go, the main rule is they have to function, but i could probably bend the rules. i'll leave it up to the riders.

with or without pedals, you're more than welcome to ride during practice...:)

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
i never know. a lot of people say they're gonna come, then don't show up.

some of the hardcore ebikers are coming from all over the country, (thud, farfle, luke, and many more) and supposedly a bunch of street bikers (motorcycle guys) are building bikes, so we might have some fresh meat, and then the usual guys are (probably) all gonna show up.

i'm hoping for a big turn-out this time. no matter how many people show, it's gonna be a good time...:)

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
I am definatly "in" for this event Baird. been wrenching & frame chopping all weekend...I still am shooting for a 50cc show down with you & & the arrow powerd bikes on my china girl.....

oh & I am building a gasser open classer too....ellectric-eschmectric.

I will bring the tuscon bike as an e-bike entry & see how it runs......this is going to be a ripper partry for all attendee's.

I just hope Safe shows up to see his dream in person.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Baird, I have my race bike ready to go & I'm really looking forward to this race! (^)

I'm also looking forward to participating in Neil's race after that.

I encourage everyone to make both races. :)

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Hey bairco, how many racers planning to make it? I'm hoping to get to this one.
I plan on making this race Nash but it's going to be a drive home to the Bay Area after the races.
Baird, Is the straight longer than Grange? I just want to make sure I bring the right gears with me.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I plan on making this race Nash but it's going to be a drive home to the Bay Area after the races.
Baird, Is the straight longer than Grange? I just want to make sure I bring the right gears with me.
I'm not Baird, but the straight is just a hair shorter than Grange.........with a big banked turn at the end ;) Just so ya know Ken......

EDIT: oh, and my gearing and location of my carb adjustment screws can not be released at this time as I can't figure out either one of them, or If i'll be allowed to come out and play that day........we'll see :D

dnut

Last edited:

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
it's a shorter track than the grange, but there's some really fast corners. the big banked turn at the end of the straight is called "big monza" and i was almost hitting it flat out at about 40mph.
i'm sure my bike could handle it, but i kept wussing out.

i think it's faster overall than the grange. exit speeds on almost all the corners are a lot faster, and there's no real uphill sections.

i think you can gear your bike for more top speeds, but it's something you gotta feel for yourself.

scotto, i hope you can make it. otherwise i'll have to give the golden yellow shirt to someone else...:)