bicycle takes on car

GoldenMotor.com

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I had a car totaled and could have been killed if not for airbags and seat belts. It all happened because a cop had pulled out from a side street into the first lane of a 4 lane road and was sitting there "illegally" blocking a lane (if he wasn't a cop that is). Some idiot driver apparently got freaked out by the cop and turned across two oncoming lanes of traffic and hit me head on. I never saw him because of several giant SUV's in the lane next to me that were sitting there afraid to turn because of the cop, all I saw was the air bag! None of this would have happened if the cop wasn't there, or perhaps if he had been sitting behind the stop sign where he should have been instead of in the middle of the first traffic lane I would have driven happily on my way. Instead it was off to the emergency room for me and goodbye to my car (which I loved). IMHO the presence of police and/or the way some police conduct their business sometimes does more harm than good, how many accidents happen because someone was distracted by a cop?

Last edited:

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Gawking or doing a double take on a cop has caused a lot of accidents. I don't
know if it helps that much, but I always try to watch as far ahead as possible
and ease off whenever i spot a stop. Still, I've seen a number of near misses. It's
scary when you're on a bike.