Second build.. I need something different

GoldenMotor.com

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Yea, jackshaft chain on the bigger outer sprocket. To the derailleur on the inner.

Getter rolling good, then set your right pedal up at just past 1:00, then release the clutch, stand up and jump on the pedal and follow through with your left leg as you sit down. It'll feel akward at first, but you'll get used to it.

Don't forget to shift back to 1st gear when you come to a stop.

gl.

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
It's working a lot better now. I just have a hard time keeping the retaining screws that keep the jack shaft sprockets from loosening. I'm going through one per day. I'm going to start red locktite.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
for those little keys, put a small wrench on the allen key to give you ten times the leverage. Even a 10mm helps. Use the box end of the wrench, know what I mean?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
for those little keys, put a small wrench on the allen key to give you ten times the leverage. Even a 10mm helps. Use the box end of the wrench, know what I mean?
This works well, but be careful not to strip the setscrews, A better way is to replace the allen heads with actual bolts if there is room. Much easier to tighten right and lock with blue locktite.