Denver Area Ride VIII - Saturday June 2nd

GoldenMotor.com

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
r.ly. r.ly. r.ly.
Hello again fellow local riders. I'm thinking it's time to get the guys together again and go for a nice cruise. No going through Wheat Ridge this time, lol. Plenty of routes and places to go without having to deal with them. Looking forward to a good turn out this time. Let me know who's in !

Saturday June 2nd, 12pm noon
Berkeley Rec Center lot

For directions click here

Last edited:

webeneo1

Apr 17, 2012
Denver
Frank
I will be there. working on a new build, should be roadworthy by DAR VIII time.
Building as I type. Crap it's 4 AM.
Mark

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I've had to modify my bike carrier to haul 'Captain America'. Even so, the rear wheel pokes out a little too far to the right. I hope I don't get hassled by the cops.

I'm thinkng of a dolly type trailer to haul the chopper. Maybe something like two small boat trailer wheels mounted close together on a single channel with a trailer hitch. I wonder if that would be considered a 'trailer' and need plates, lights, etc. I did some research but the law isn't too clear on the subject. Anyone know what constitutes a 'trailer' in the eyes of Colorado?

Whatever, I plan to make this one. Who else?
Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Cool (^). So far it will be: Will, Mark, Tom, Mark, Andrew, Shawn, Me...

3 spokes blew out on Will's bike, so now were looking for a 26 Coaster wheel to fix the issue

webeneo1

Apr 17, 2012
Denver
If Will needs help with the wheel let me know, I can fix him up.
Frank has my #
Mark

Last edited:

webeneo1

Apr 17, 2012
Denver
Tom
You make me smile.
Saw your build thread, very nice. Really want to see the Chopper so make the DAR VIII.
Mark

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
tom sounds like your starting a whole new build just to get the chopper down here lol . i think i envision your new trailer i imagine you would need all the bells and whistles associated with a traditional one

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
tom sounds like your starting a whole new build just to get the chopper down here lol . i think i envision your new trailer i imagine you would need all the bells and whistles associated with a traditional one
Yeah, Andrew, I did some more searching today. According to Colorado, if it has wheels and you haul something on it, it's a "trailer" and it has to be registered and licensed.

Maybe I'll just chance it on the old carrier I have. The wheel only sticks out from the side of my pickup about 8". That shouldn't attract too much unwanted attention. :) I'll need a little help on and off loading. It's a handfull for one guy.

Tom

KANNONBALL13

Apr 10, 2012
Loveland Colorado
I think that I willbe able to make it if I can find some way to get down ther from Loveland. Also, I have a few spokes if that is all it takes.I destroyed a bearing ring , and a spkoe the otherday.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I'm sure that someone will help you unload the bike. It's not like we're all going to just stand around and watch you, although that could be entertaining :p. Where are the rest of the locals, come on guys it's prime riding season???

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
weathers gonna be 83 degress partly cloudy cant beat that at all .

atempted to make it to pueblo from here in the springs fail throttle cable snapped on me .

at least i dont have to worry about that breaking on the ride .

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
So who else will be there? So far it's four, maybe five? Where's George? Where's Van? My neighbor who bought my blue Jag is a 'maybe' and Ted is a definite no.

I'm bringing a new camera and I might be a pain in the arse with it. I've been playing with MovieMaker and learning some neat tricks. I want to do something creative if you guys will bear with me.

Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
So who else will be there? So far it's four, maybe five? Where's George? Where's Van? My neighbor who bought my blue Jag is a 'maybe' and Ted is a definite no.

I'm bringing a new camera and I might be a pain in the arse with it. I've been playing with MovieMaker and learning some neat tricks. I want to do something creative if you guys will bear with me.

Tom
So far those that I know are coming: Tom, Andrew, Shawn, Mark, Will, Me, still waiting to hear from George, and Van + Dave, my friend Mark is trying to get his bike working right so he can make it for this one. He is having minor electrical issues, we'll see.