Bairdco Racing Series Begins June 16 in Riverside!

GoldenMotor.com

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
IT'S ALIVE! Last month my new e-bike jumped off it's workbench just as I put the finishing touches on it and plugged in. It thrashed about the 4 walls of my little shop causing the unstrapped batt pack to get sparky at 1 point.

Found the Cycle Analyst out of sync for at least 3 settings. But today, oh yes, purred like an e-bike should. At 1.998K of electrical juice, I'm loaded for bear this June 16th, <50cc small motors class. *Note, I could just as well race my blue Schwinn grocery getter bike. The entry level class is loaded with 35cc belt drives and antique mo-peds. Loads of fun for street cruisers to come out and give this a whirl! If I lead and get out ahead (doubtful, yet if no Nashmoto#98??) I'll detune to from 67volts to 56volts for the final race.

Ahh Baird, like my new T?

See ya'll there,
SoSauty aka Will

This is a little more accurate representation of my new bike; complete with kickstand and fenders. Peppy up to 32mph, handles as velvet, and stops on a dime. 18S/30amp 9 Continental powered. Whah-hooo! See you boys there.

Attachments

Last edited:

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
Nah Stevil, yet fun to get a rise out of someone (LOL)

But, I'd offer Safe a couple of grand for it and make it mine; if he would ever show up for an event with it.

Gads. Sorta lust after that 1K sleeky.

Hope to see all the usual suspects(foto), Etard, Dan H, V.Dub, and other street bike afficiancados at the starting line, also Stevil and the e-crowd ---everyone

Practice starts 2pm; don't be late,
Will
(Credit: foto from SoCal 4/7 event)

Attachments

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
the 16th is comin' up quick guys, you better be ready!

one thing i need to stress are the safety gear requirements.

Adam's track is located near a hospital with an under 3 minute response time by paramedics, so this exempts me from needing an EMT on site. while this is good from a financial standpoint, it could be a problem for anything bigger than some minor road rash.

i suggest you bring your own first aid kits, aspirin, band aids, and tampons...:)

the mains are gonna be held under the lights. this means that your cool rider sunglasses that you used during the day will NO LONGER count as eye protection (unless you're wearing them all night, which isn't very safe, either.)

absolutely NO riders will be allowed on the track without proper safety gear.

here they are again, in case you've got ADD:

*Helmet: Must be DOT, Snell or equivalent.
NO Novelty, Bicycle, Hardhats, Military Helmets, etc, allowed!

*Knee and Elbow Pads: Must have Plastic Caps.
If you buy a cheap pair MAKE SURE THEY STAY ON. any rider that loses a pad or has one flapping in the wind will be BLACK FLAGGED.

*Gloves

*Eye Protection

*Long Pants, Long Sleeve Shirt NO Shorts or Tshirts! Save those for the pits.

*No Open Toed Shoes, Sandals, or Slip-ons. HighTops are Strongly Recommended

*Motorcycle Leathers are OK in lieu of pads, and Recommended.

*All Bikes Over 25 MPH MUST have a Front and Rear Brake

got it?

i'll let you slide on the long sleeve shirt ONLY IF you have forearm/elbow protective pads.

Any rider found on the track at any time without all the required equipment will be BLACK FLAGGED and will be removed from the track.

a second warning will get you kicked off the track for the rest of the day, with NO REFUNDS, NO RACING, and NO FUN!

if you show up at the starting grid and called out for "forgetting" something, you will have 1 MINUTE for a pit crew member to rush it out to you. the race will NOT START untill everyone has all their gear on.

if you somehow sneak by the start, you will be
BLACK FLAGGED by a corner worker, and if they don't see it either and it comes up later, you're place in the finish will be removed and you'll recieve a DNF

simple, right?

so, if you don't have everything you need by now, you've got a week to buy, beg, borrow or steal it.

if anyone has extra pads, goggles, etc, that you don't mind someone else sweating in all day, bring 'em along.

if anyone needs a DOT helmet or something, post up here and we'll find one for you.

there are NO EXCUSES if you show up without your gear. you've been warned!

PIT RULES

*please obey the 5mph speed limit.

if you need to tune your bike and can't get on the track, there are public streets you can go wind it out on. use them.

*excessive noise:

revving your bike up is tuning. revving your bike up for ten minutes is annoying. please keep it down. we're lucky Adam's track doesn't follow the same noise rules as motocross does. i know my bike is 89db at idle.

There will be a few people with STAFF shirts on. please listen to them. if they tell you to stop doing donuts in the dirt, please stop doing donuts in the dirt.

if they ask you twice, that's too many times. a 3rd time might just send you packing.

this may sound like a lot of rules, but this isn't the middle of the desert. we can all have a safe, fun time, on the track and off. for most of us, this is a much closer (and easier) drive to get to the track, and we shouldn't do anything to make us unwanted.

the Adams track usually provides (and charges) for security. they're letting us police ourselves, and saving me some money. if we mess up, that will change. if that changes, entry fees go up (see how this works?)

any questions?

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
the 16th is comin' up quick guys, you better be ready!

one thing i need to stress are the safety gear requirements.

Adam's track is located near a hospital with an under 3 minute response time by paramedics, so this exempts me from needing an EMT on site. while this is good from a financial standpoint, it could be a problem for anything bigger than some minor road rash.

i suggest you bring your own first aid kits, aspirin, band aids, and tampons...:)

the mains are gonna be held under the lights. this means that your cool rider sunglasses that you used during the day will NO LONGER count as eye protection (unless you're wearing them all night, which isn't very safe, either.)

absolutely NO riders will be allowed on the track without proper safety gear.

here they are again, in case you've got ADD:

*Helmet: Must be DOT, Snell or equivalent.
NO Novelty, Bicycle, Hardhats, Military Helmets, etc, allowed!

*Knee and Elbow Pads: Must have Plastic Caps.
If you buy a cheap pair MAKE SURE THEY STAY ON. any rider that loses a pad or has one flapping in the wind will be BLACK FLAGGED.

*Gloves

*Eye Protection

*Long Pants, Long Sleeve Shirt NO Shorts or Tshirts! Save those for the pits.

*No Open Toed Shoes, Sandals, or Slip-ons. HighTops are Strongly Recommended

*Motorcycle Leathers are OK in lieu of pads, and Recommended.

*All Bikes Over 25 MPH MUST have a Front and Rear Brake

got it?

i'll let you slide on the long sleeve shirt ONLY IF you have forearm/elbow protective pads.

Any rider found on the track at any time without all the required equipment will be BLACK FLAGGED and will be removed from the track.

a second warning will get you kicked off the track for the rest of the day, with NO REFUNDS, NO RACING, and NO FUN!

if you show up at the starting grid and called out for "forgetting" something, you will have 1 MINUTE for a pit crew member to rush it out to you. the race will NOT START untill everyone has all their gear on.

if you somehow sneak by the start, you will be
BLACK FLAGGED by a corner worker, and if they don't see it either and it comes up later, you're place in the finish will be removed and you'll recieve a DNF

simple, right?

so, if you don't have everything you need by now, you've got a week to buy, beg, borrow or steal it.

if anyone has extra pads, goggles, etc, that you don't mind someone else sweating in all day, bring 'em along.

if anyone needs a DOT helmet or something, post up here and we'll find one for you.

there are NO EXCUSES if you show up without your gear. you've been warned!

PIT RULES

*please obey the 5mph speed limit.

if you need to tune your bike and can't get on the track, there are public streets you can go wind it out on. use them.

*excessive noise:

revving your bike up is tuning. revving your bike up for ten minutes is annoying. please keep it down. we're lucky Adam's track doesn't follow the same noise rules as motocross does. i know my bike is 89db at idle.

There will be a few people with STAFF shirts on. please listen to them. if they tell you to stop doing donuts in the dirt, please stop doing donuts in the dirt.

if they ask you twice, that's too many times. a 3rd time might just send you packing.

this may sound like a lot of rules, but this isn't the middle of the desert. we can all have a safe, fun time, on the track and off. for most of us, this is a much closer (and easier) drive to get to the track, and we shouldn't do anything to make us unwanted.

the Adams track usually provides (and charges) for security. they're letting us police ourselves, and saving me some money. if we mess up, that will change. if that changes, entry fees go up (see how this works?)

any questions?
so wait, security is serving dirty doughnuts? i'm lost...

dnut

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Looks like I'll make it but I have to work first. I work until 3:00 and I should be at the track around 4:00. If anything I'll probably miss practice and probably the first heat.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I'm working hard trying to get my newest race bike ready for Saturday!
The engine barely fits & I'm going to have to improvise a fuel tank. :rolleyes:
I also found a nice 41T steel sprocket. (^)

Last edited:

liveforphysics

Apr 19, 2011
Santa Cruz CA
Bicycle of Doom is operational, and unless it explodes in testing tomorrow (it's always possible for it to explode at any second), it will be racing in this event, kicking gass.

brnot

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
My bike is still down from the last race, but the parts arrived today. I've got alot to do tomorrow, almost mind boggling..........we will race on Sat. no matter what. See ya all in the pits! #3

dnut

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
hope you two stroker guys bring your A game. :)

i squeezed another 5mph outta my bike. gonna be a giant-killer on the track...

i'll be showing up around 10:30am to set up.

like every other race, gonna need some helpers. i'll wave the pit crew fee (wow! 5 bucks off!) to anyone that will help out.

also made 1st place trophies for all the classes ( and no matter what kinda bike wins, you'll get a trophy ;) )

dunno if anyone's bringing any prizes (piston? venice? agk? you guys listening?) but the biggest prize will be the most fun race ever. no b.s., no double white flags, no "what place did i get?"

at the B.R.A., we support you...:)

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
I don't know what game Ill bring, but i changed the air in my tires with genuine 'made in USA' air, so hot it'll give you wings -see you in the pits-

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
i'm running helium in my tires. and pirelli sent me their new compound tires. they're made of flubber.

i had uncle jesse whip me up a batch of 'shine he useta run in his bootlegger car, and evel kneivel lent me his arthritis zapper so my body doesn't ache after the race.

a new age girl i know made me some valve stem caps outta magic crystals.

got some of burt's nitro pills in the tank, and a pair of speedos from the guy in that famous bonneville picture.

a little chinese woman next door fung shai' d my bike, and i've been reading "the art of war" all week.

i haven't checked my tickets yet, but i probably won the lottery, too... :)