will it work?!?!?!?

GoldenMotor.com

jpoop

Jan 15, 2012
arizona
hey i was think about picking this up i like the bike its differnt then what you always see but will a motor fit in it and how hard will it be to do it thanks

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That depends on your mechanical skills and the tools and equipment you have.
Yes, that frame could be motorized. It would be a candidate for either a 2 or a 4 stroke engine. Mounting could be a challenge as well as the rear sprocket/chain installation.
Take a look through the DIY section here and you'll find many non-kit, non-standard engine installations as well as here in the Stretch Cruiser and Chopper forum.
Good luck and keep us informed. That would be a cool bike if done right.
Tom

xxSLiMxx

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Canada
IMO it looks a little silly with such a rake on it but thats also what makes it look cool. If you put a little china girl on there you shouldn't have many if any problems at all.

Good luck on your quest! I will be watching this one for sure!

Slim.

jpoop

Jan 15, 2012
arizona
so i bough the bike and iam loving it every where i go people have something nice to say about it well i bought some fenders and put them on i mad the front fender sit a little lower to the ground in the rear so its about 2 1/2 inch off the ground now iam trying to find a good 4 stroke motor any one have any input thanks for reading

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
IMO it looks a little silly with such a rake on it but thats also what makes it look cool. If you put a little china girl on there you shouldn't have many if any problems at all.

Good luck on your quest! I will be watching this one for sure!

Slim.
With a HT, I feel that the chain may give a little problem, with stock the mounts. It appears that the engine will have to be mounted higher. With the engine mounted higher then normal, I don't think the chain will be a factor. A engine out of the box with factory mounts needs a 75 degree angle for proper fit. So it looks like the engine will have to be mounted higher with a custom mount/s. Also a custom rear mount so the rear mount is higher for carburetor leveling. But it can be accomplished if you have the ability. Then you might have to build a inframe tank or weld a bar to hang a tank.
That's my $0.025

Need 5.5"-6" minimum with stock mounts. With a 60 degree angle the mounting of the engine will need to be higher. Although by removing the rear mount, the engine can sit lower.

If you decide on this route (a HT engine) I'd make a mount for the rear, bend it as needed (to level engine out) then do the front mount. On a normal frame we just bolt the engine with the rear factory mount, then work on the front, and engines are basically leveled, but I see that you've already have one finished.

Last edited:

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
if you come out my way,,,
I offer test rides of my 4cycle stretch (EZM drivetrain) to anyone who wants one ;)

PS,,, I am leary of those forks (too long and a pothole would fold them up :()

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Mounting a fuel tank may require some careful thought.
I would try a custom built tank that hangs below the highest point of your top tube , anything mounted on top of that tube would look like a wart an break the smooth line over the top . btw those fenders really fill out the front an rear nicely.
Gary

jpoop

Jan 15, 2012
arizona
PS,,, I am leary of those forks (too long and a pothole would fold them up :()[/QUOTE] i was thinking about that to i was thinking of putting a higher grade steel for my forks

jpoop

Jan 15, 2012
arizona
I would try a custom built tank that hangs below the highest point of your top tube , anything mounted on top of that tube would look like a wart an break the smooth line over the top . btw those fenders really fill out the front an rear nicely.
Gary
ya i liked the way it turned out with the fenders on and i like the idea about the gas tank

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
i was thinking the same thing for a bit make it look like a oil tank for a chopper
now the ideas are flowing , I like this one better , but , in combo with a fakie up under the top tube which could be used as a sort of "glovebox. now those ront forks could be made into a girder style very easy an you'd have the strenght without much weight gain .

Attachments