Maybe no pedals needed in La or other states??

GoldenMotor.com

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Ok, Louisiana law classifies the 50cc scooters as a Mo-ped. They require no liscense registration or insurance. They have no pedals.

So I wonder if a Mb without pedals could be classified as a mo-ped too.

If so, one could make some pretty cool stretch or chopper style mb's with hiway pege or even floorboards.

Maybe this is a loophole for La. builders for more design options when building mb's .
Might be applicable to other states too.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Hey Wayne,

Whew!
It's really difficult for me to resist politics! lol

From what I've read in the books, laws regarding the travelling public are supposed to be uniform throughout the states so a citizen may no what to expect as he goes about his business, which in turn, is good for the country, as a whole.

Preservation of the union, and all that stuff.

States are indeed allowed to regulate travel, but not to impede it.
Of course there's people like me who consider just about anything an impediment. :)

I've been thinking I'd rather leave my chainsaw home and have my lawnmower help me get across town... and really don't figger it's anyone's business if I don't operate it in a hazardous fashion.
Seems they want to tax me for having a larger displacement, when all I'm looking for is a bit more reliability, actually for less expense in the build.

Personally, I'd like to build a longer bike, for comfort, and will still retain pedals.

Best
rc

Last edited: