"Denver Area Ride VI"

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Presonally, I'm gonna start looking for a virgin. :)

Yeah, I vote wait until at least Friday night to make a firm decision. You know the Denver weather folks. They've been known to make a mistake every now and then.
We might wake up to blue skys and 70 degrees.

Ted is a maybe. He had some front wheel bearing problems and might or might not have them fixed. I talked him through a wheel bearing greasing today but things are uncertain. I'll hope for the best. ("little steel balls fell out and rolled on the garage floor") :(
Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
It's official. I didn't want to do it, so that's why I waited till the last minute to do so. The D.A.R. has been postponed and rescheduled for next Saturday October 15th. I was hoping there was enough warm air aloft to push the storm away but not this time, see you guys next week if you can make it. :(

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Yeah, Good call Frank. I got up at eight and looked out, raining cats and dogs and C-O-L-D :(

I went back to bed. Maybe next week. Then I'll have time to remount that center kick stand on the blue Jag that keeps moving on me.

Let's try for next Sat.
Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Okay, next Saturday is on. I have babysitting already arranged and the weather is supposed to be nice enough to ride. If that works for you guys please let me and the rest of us know and chime in :)

See you guys soon ! (Saturday Oct. 15th)

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
Saturdays forecast is said to be: "Sunny, breezy and very warm. 78`-82`" Sounds good enough for me :)
My Saturday forecast is worse and said to be: is work 9.0 hours scheduled from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Saturday. Sounds gawdawful to me :-(

Looks like I will have to go on a Sunday solo ride.

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
looks like i can make this one anyone have a good adress for the berkley rec center haveing a realy hard time googleing yes i know i failed at googleing

how longs this ride going to be ?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
We've been averaging about sixty miles per run. Give or take a few.
Berkely park is just one block east of Lakeside Amusement Park on the south side of I-70 at Harlan.
Tom

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
perfect i acutaly used to live about a mile east of that by the purina dog food factory will see you guys then im off to go shine my ride up

and do the brakes kinda helps when you can stop

brnot

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
looks like i can make this one anyone have a good adress for the berkley rec center haveing a realy hard time googleing yes i know i failed at googleing

how longs this ride going to be ?
It's on the southeast side of I-70 & Sheridan and the rides are roughly 65 miles per. There are plenty of gas stations along the way, so all you'll really need is you day pack and some money for lunch. See you there on Saturday, if you have any questions just PM me your phone number and I'd be glad to help.

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
The purfina factory is a bit past that but that's the idea....the actual cross streets of the park corner is 46th and sheridan....hope to see you Saturday dance1

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Looks like they have changed the name since I lived in that neighborhood. The physical address should help more then "cross-streets" or "four miles west of the Purina factory". Just use the address I provided and meet us in the parking lot, you'll see the group or at least one of us :)

It is now:
Scheitler Recreation Center
5031 W 46th Ave
Denver, CO

Thanks for the edit Tom, I didn't even catch it.

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Ok, the riders going that I know of are: Tom, George, Van, Dave, Will, Frank, and new-comer Andrew.

Do you guys want to do Smashburger for lunch again, a free for all, or what?? Let me know :)

brnot .wee. r.ly.