Motorized mountain bike: need back rack for cargo

GoldenMotor.com

Donkeyboy

Sep 17, 2011
Park City, KS
Anyone know where I can get a CHEEP back rack for my motorized mountain bike, that i can mount a basket or coke crate too, so I can carry groceries? It would have to mount to the seat tube....Thanks!

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Go to amazon.com. They have great deals. I bought a Topeak rear rack. I carry my oil and tools in my panniers and it carries weight just fine. With my panniers fully loaded(30+lbs), no problem. I'm certain it'll over 100lbs easy.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Amazon, eBay, or the MB capital of the world, Walmart, with embassies conveniently located near you.

NormO

Jun 15, 2011
New Brunswick,Canada
Schwinn makes a decent seat tube rack. Cheap too $24.99 last i checked. It's Big enough to strap my Jonsered chainsaw to.Don't know if you can get them at Walmart or not. I usually just drop by my local Canadian Tire, but i somehow doubt you would have one where you live.

Last edited:

PerryP180

Jun 24, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I like the Topeak Explorer racks. The Topeak trunk bags lock into place so you don't have to worry with bungy cords. Walmart does have racks that mount to seat tubes.

NormO

Jun 15, 2011
New Brunswick,Canada
I won't argue that Topeak has very nice products. Not just racks either. But any that i have seen have a large price tag. but worth it. I use the smallest ratchet straps i can find not bungee cords. They hold things in place much better.

Last edited:

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
F Rod81,
Make one yourself with some 1/4" aluminum stock (flat bar & L angle) or steel stock from Lowes/Home Depot. I use the same stuff to make engine rack mounts & its strong. Just cut drill & bolt. Strong enough to sit on. This pic is a steel one that used to hold a Lifan 2.5hp 98cc engine .
-Lowracer-

Attachments

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
That is a good idea, but it's a little harder for me cause I have a rear disc brake that I don't want to interfere with. I think when and if I put one on it will be a seat post mount style. But my friend is the one that always carries extra gas and supplies for the longer rides so there is really no need. :)