Issue on gas powered motorized bicycles was in the FL Freedom Newspaper

GoldenMotor.com

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
no the oine i'm referring to was under the definition of bicycle & specified that if it was under 50cc & can only go 20mph , bla bla bla. it was only a bike & did not need to be registered.

it will be hard for me to find an law that isn't in effect any more.

the only difference i remember was that it included gas & electric as a helper motor.
Actually EVERY LAW for the past 5 years or more can EASILY be found..
(you can go on Florida's statute website and pick a year.. I looked from 5 years ago until now and did not find what you're talking about.

What you thought you saw was never in a statute (at least not in the past 5 years)..

You MIGHT have seen a BILL that didn't pass... But no law.

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
Actually EVERY LAW for the past 5 years or more can EASILY be found..
(you can go on Florida's statute website and pick a year.. I looked from 5 years ago until now and did not find what you're talking about.

What you thought you saw was never in a statute (at least not in the past 5 years)..

You MIGHT have seen a BILL that didn't pass... But no law.
thanx! good to know about the search by year.
i'll check it out soon.

i apologise. i thought us florida people were having a different conversation about the laws . about like 9 months ago?
when i get some time i'm going to have to skim some older threads to see how we got to this point.

Arnett Motor Bikes

Apr 23, 2011
Fort Walton Beach, Fl
i am pretty sure that is what's going on. the office of Rep Matt Gaetz told me that the bill is being constructed now and the changes are going to the house to be approved and then sent to Gov Scott for signature in to law. What I did on my end is I sent an email to Gov Scott's office requesting the bill be passed into law to allow for the gas powered bicycles. What I ask of everyone on here from Florida is to do the same thing. The more people that write him showing interest in having the gas powered bicycles might help our cause. Here is the link to contact him.
Florida Governor Rick Scott - Email the Governor
This is how we lobby to make this happen, by contacting the law makers directly and voicing our concern. Let's make this happen. It will take everyone on here less time to write and send this email then it would to get your kids into bed at night. Also find your local district rep and email them. here is the list of reps in the state.
Florida House of Representatives - Representatives
if you know where their office is located, take time to go over and talk with them on the issue. These are the things I have been doing for the last couple of months and it seems to be working. The time couldn't be more right for all of us to contact them, when they are constructing the bill. Remeber one thing!! There are only 120 Reps in the state of Florida and there is almost 19 million people that live and work in Florida. We out number them so our voice will be louder in numbers if we act now. With the day and age of computers this will be the fastest way to get our voice heard by the law makers. I do hope you all join me in the pursuit.