Bicyignals "Indicators" Review

GoldenMotor.com

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
I've tried to contact electronicfanatic1 through a YouTube comment. I think his design is a winner.

Any ideas on how and what to do/buy to build that circuit?

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
Okay I wrote another guy who may know how. Hey Gotta ask. I don't have the circuit design knowledge and I sure swant to get some use out of these Turn Signals!
Besides they look cool on my bike!

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I have these lights and they are AWESOME!.......except the rear light wouldn't stay on! So I just reach back from time to time and cup my hand around the light. Works for the most part. But after doing 30mph on a crappy road the screws on the front and rear that control lateral:confused: movement had jiggled loose. When I tried to tighten them, I stripped both bolts. So I took some black shoelace and tied both lights in a horizontal position and they haven't disconnected or anything else. They are mainly for the turn signals but the I use the rear in flash mode and the brake light stops flashing and stays on when you hit the turn signal. I just read this whole thread and why can't you put a switch between the battery and spring in both cases,positioned under the seat,that will control the syncing of the units? I have considered a dynamo,wired to a regulator,wired to a rc battery,to power both units,maybe a rear brake and front headlight if possible.

Last edited:

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
Indeed!

Bumpy road, RF interference a battery that giggles inside the unit and we have to retrain the connection..
The initial solution I thought was to put all the electronics upfront where I could reset both units with a single push button but I put it all in a box and left it.
So now I figure hard wire the LEDs'

One a motorized bicycle Bicygnals are worthless since we can never be sure they are on
If we depend on them as a safety device we are left uncertain we are actually being protected.
They should make a hard wire version but they don't.

It looks as if it is possible to build a unit that runs on a 9V battery.

I ride at night. I have the wheels lit up and there is a brake light plus flashers on the helmet and in the rear plus an expensive headlight.
A turn signal unit would be1 serious cool and I all ready paid for one that the manufacturer admits may not work right.

Serious fail.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
As I said,mine works fine now. Maybe you could take 1 led from each turn signal and wire them to the front somehow? That and two switches,front battery-rear battery could solve your issue? I hate to think you spent 70+ for a learning experience.

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
As I said,mine works fine now. Maybe you could take 1 led from each turn signal and wire them to the front somehow? That and two switches,front battery-rear battery could solve your issue? I hate to think you spent 70+ for a learning experience.
Well sure that might work.

The front unit is mounted on a TopPeak and it " Waggles" so it always works but my rear is mounted on the book-rack and it is always pounded so it quits right away.
remember when the front and rear units cannot "Talk" to each other they quit working. Just like if they are not started up and syncroinized they also have some styrange mode of blinkking then they shut off.
Cool if they are stolen and the theif is unaware of how they work but suck if I am depending on these as a safety device.

I found the electronics to be over done. Sure wireless is great but with the FCC rules these must accept interference so they can get shut off by RF and what good is that if I am depending on them as a safety device? I could get killed thinking my turn signals are working and not @ 30 MPH in Trafic!

I don't see myself changing the rear mount so making that a "Dumb Display" along with the Front seems good.
Placing the controls for left right in a thumb switch would improve things because it is awkward to reach to the center and hit their buttons not to mention it takes a hand off the controls.

So, I just asked some new friends for help so perhaps I can import the electrionics as a project soon. I understand the basics but it's been 30 years sinch I last etched a CB.

Now what about the Head Light and the Tail Light?

I have a Brake light so I can have running lights so I can power the Head and Tail from a Generator?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electrical-Generator-Motorized-Bicycle-Lighting-/400080371286

I bet adding that generator would finally be useful. The Bicygnals head and tail would run when the engine does.
What do you think?

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
That looks good,but I know nothing about two strokes and just a little bit more about electronics. Can you post a pic of your rear mount? I have mine on the seat post but will be moving it,possibly where the rear fender mounts. I'm running 24" wheels in place of 26" wheels. I have lots of room so I just need a longer screw. Tractor Supply here I come!

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
Sure.. d_gizzle

I'm going to shoot a new series. Also we have electronics design help!
So I hope to have a project we all can assemble in a month or so.
I should be able to post new pictures by Thursday night.

Generally speaking my rear unit is on the end of the book rack. The front unit rides on a handle bar extender.

Oh the actuall flasher circuit seems to be rather simple. We are discussing the switch now. I believe having a thumb switch is the way to go. I never liked the idea of having to reach for the front unit.

Now the head light and rear red center "Tail light" are a speperate effort I will work after the flasher unit is done.

So, we have to wait but it is happening. It will be nice to know the unit works when needed without having to look back and check.