Laws in Mississippi?

GoldenMotor.com

Lupyne

May 16, 2011
Gulfport, Mississippi
I've been google searching for the most recent laws concerning a motorized bicycle here, yet all I can find is either really fuzzy laws or stuff that only pertains to getting a tag. So... if anyone knows it'd be awesome, I'll continue to look around and see what I can find. In all honesty I'm tempted to just make the bike look as legit as possible, and if I happen to get stopped by the police I'll just play dumb lol.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I've been google searching for the most recent laws concerning a motorized bicycle here, yet all I can find is either really fuzzy laws or stuff that only pertains to getting a tag. So... if anyone knows it'd be awesome, I'll continue to look around and see what I can find. In all honesty I'm tempted to just make the bike look as legit as possible, and if I happen to get stopped by the police I'll just play dumb lol.
What are requirements for a motorized bicycle or scooter to be registered?
A motorized bicycle manufactured 1980 and following must have a seventeen (17) digit VIN conforming to the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration requirements. There must be a decal or plate attached with a statement that the motorized bicycle meets the Federal Safety Standards. If the motorized bicycle does not meet these requirements, it is considered a “toy vehicle.” A toy vehicle may not be titled or registered in Mississippi and may not be operated on public roadways within this state.

http://www.pearlrivercounty.net/tax/files/MotorVehicleLicensingFAQ.pdf

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
I have been riding motorized bikes here in Mississippi about two years and haven't had any problems. I do not remember where I found the law but it basically said 50 cc and some speed limit. I think i went to msgov.org and did a search. If you don't make too much noise and ride sensibly the cops won't bother you. Even the park rangers on the Natchez Trace do not bother me.