Full Suspension 97' GT LTS-5 Build

GoldenMotor.com

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
Hey guys so ever since I joined the site and saw that full suspension bikes were possible I have been looking for a frame to build. Well I found one and I going to start my build. I already have a Starfire Gt4 motor and xpansion chamber and just ordered a shift kit from SBP. Here are the Ebay pics more to come from the build as I go.

GTLTS-5.jpg GTLTS-51.jpg GTLTS-52.jpg GTLTS-53.jpg

.xx.

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
I should have the shift kit and the rest of the needed items on the 12th sbp is the quickest to ship always. More updates and pics to come.

Last edited:

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
I got the bike and I'm putting it together to see what I am going to need for the build. I got the motor and waiting on the shift kit. I think I am going to use the rapid fire shifter if it will wrk upside down. I going to rob some brake cables and derailer cable from my other bike and see.

GTLTS-5Build-1.jpg GTLTS-5Build-3.jpg GTLTS-5Build-4.jpg GTLTS-5Build-Gt4Motor.jpg

.xx.

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
Ok I robbed the derailer line and some brake line from my specialized stumpjumper and got the shifter mounted and the front brake working. So far the rapid fire looks like it is going to work it shifts great but i will have to get a chain on there so I can test ride it. This is it for the night till tommarow. Sorry about the pics my camera dnt like the light so it slows the exposure and blurs slightly.

GTLTS-5Build-8.jpg GTLTS-5Build-7.jpg GTLTS-5Build-5.jpg

.xx.

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
Got everything on it except shift kit and gas tank need to mill the engine spacer on the shift kit to lose and 1/8" to get the motor chain to fit right will post picke tonight.

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
The progress is slow but it's coming along I work all the time so only get an hour a night and a few on my days off after getting all the house stuff done. Got the shift mounted to the motor and started the mock up. Here is a few pics.

GTLTS-5Build-11.jpg GTLTS-5Build-Gt4MotorW.jpg

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
i was racing this design..team model though... when it was brought out...this bike should be super smooth....im jealous lol...looks like that will be my next bike to build ....good find i hope your build gos welldnut

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
Thanks guy I will keep the pics coming. I was riding it around without the motor everywhere and on the mountian bike trail by my house and it is awesome, almost feel bad for making it a MB (key word ALMOST) can't wait to finish the build. I hope to have it done in a week or 2.

dnut

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
New pics of the build. The main build is finished now time for the little stuff like final positions and mounting of things. Ignore the duct tape holing the cdi that was just for the test ride. I was very surpirsed it started on the first kick on the test ride no problem. I did take the carb apart before and check everything.

Only prob was I forgot to put the float back in a didn't notice till fuel started pouring out after the test ride but other then that it went fine. The bike shifted perfect and after a few laps around the block started to sound like a normal purring 2 smoker. Next is to retighten everything, clean the cables up, and put on the sbp xchamber, and finish port matching.

Can't wait to hit the dirt on this thing.

GTLTS-5Build-12.jpg GTLTS-5Build-14.jpg GTLTS-5Build-19.jpg GTLTS-5Build-17.jpg GTLTS-5Build-18.jpg

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Sexy on wheels :D I really like it. There isn't anything about the build I dislike. Full suspension and shift kit are big pluses good job :)

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
New build is running good got it tuned. Having a little issue with the shifter chain getting tangeled on downshifts. The suspension is great and I took it for a little test off road and works great can't wait till is broke in and put the xchamber to ride some real trails. Still need to fine tune the carb and get better bars.

Last edited:

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
Sorry been slacking off on the build and pics my Dad came into town hadn't seen him in almost 2 yrs hes getting up there. Anyway I will be be adding better pics tomarrow and gonna finish the working everything out got about 20miles on it so far.

Gonna maybe put on the sbp pipe on tomarrow and finish the port matching and tuning. Hope to take some good pics and maybe a video.