Death Race 4-16-2011

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Any sponshorship for out of town snowbound areas like minnesotta -new york - Montana Canada if we ride all the way there ?
If your looking for sponsorship that is something you have to do on your own. Hit up some vendors maybe you can find some support.

If I could help out Robin I would, but just putting the event on is difficult enough.

ezheimers

Jan 2, 2011
Left Coast
Where can one read about past events - Get some details about what goes on etc - So we know what to expect upon arrival, best tires, length of race, and motels close to the event?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Most of you know what the flags mean but for those who dont lets review them.

Greenflag

Used to signal the start of the race or the track is open and clear for racing or hot laps/practice

Yellowflag

Warning or Caution on the track. This could be displayed for debris on the track, a crash, a broken down bike on the track ect.

You MUST slow down and take caution, there is no passing during yellow's.

There may be two types of caution flags....

One, a full course caution where the entire track is under yellow flag.

Or if you see a flagman on a particular part of the race track this means that area is under caution. You must slow down and no passing until you are clear of the caution area.

Red flag

I red flag means Stop where you are on the race track. Do not proceed until you are giving the clear or the red flag has been removed. Please if a red flag is displayed do not just jam on your brakes. Come to a slow safe stop, remember there could be someone behind you going wide open unaware of the red flag. We dont want people smashing into each other.

Black flag
If you see the black flag this means you must pull off the race track into the pits. This could be shown for inappropriate racing, not having the proper safety gear or maybe there is a 20ft flame shooting from behind your bike that you are unaware of lol.

White flag

The White flag is displayed when one more lap is left in the race, also used during practice or hot laps.

Last edited:

ezheimers

Jan 2, 2011
Left Coast
I'm trying to build two motor bikes and bring my brother along to play with us... Can you put aside number 82 also.................. -EZ

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
I really think that $10 is too much money to look at bikes. I'm really into motor assisted bikes and even I wouldn't pay $10 to look at bikes. I know the track owner needs to make money to pay for insurance but people who don't want to race or show their bikes (like me if I'm not racing) won't pay $10 to look at a bike for 15 minuets. There will be a lot of disappointed people who show up thinking its free (free to sit in the bleachers) and can't see any bikes up close. $15 is a more than generous price to use the track but $10 is too much to look at bikes. If we want the general public to come then there needs be be a change.

solution 1: charge $25 for racers and $20 for show bikes. Spectators will be free to roam pits and grand stand.

solution 2: hold the bike show in the parking lot where spectators don't have to pay to look at the bikes. let the racers pay for the pits and track for $15 and pit spectators pay $10 to look at the pit bikes.

solution 3: charge $5 to all people who come to the event. includes racers, showers, and spectators.

P.S. do you think roland will stay till the end of the race this time?

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Death Race will be on Saturday April 16, 2011

Musselman Honda Circuit
P1 Kart Circuit - Home

(520) 245-5278
11800 S Harrison Road, Tucson, AZ 85747

From I-10 take exit 273 (Rita) or 275 (Houghton) south to the Pima Fairgrounds. Musselman Honda Circuit is 11800 S. Harrison Road on the west side across from the Fairgrounds and Tucson Raceway Park.

Welcome and join us for the ultimate driving/riding experience located in Tucson, Arizona!

Musselman Honda Circuit; the newest multi-use motorsports facility in the United States located in Tucson, Arizona. Less than 20 minutes from the City with easy access off Interstate 10 (I-10). MHC track design is a replica of the world famous Suzuka South Kart Circuit in Suzuka, Japan. Located next to the Formula One Track. Suzuka South is known by professional kart racers to be the best kart circuit in the world. MH Circuit host's karting, SuperMoto and bicycle racing events, corporate/group events, kart rentals and racing school programs. MHC/P1 also has a full service and retail kart pro shop located on-site.

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Ageing Butt of what.... in the 40's?

I'm hoping to see some others in our 70's............. -EZ
You should have seen this guy, I apologize but I forgot his name but do remember he was 74 years old.

He had the Indian and a supermotor and he was smoking some of the younger guys. It was really cool to see the Indian on the track that thing is FAST. I believe the bike next to it was a Norton?

Attachments

Last edited:

Dogman

Apr 22, 2010
Las Cruces NM, USA
Hard to solve that pit pass problem, but maybe the show only bikes could be outside the gate. To walk up and really see the racers though, the pit is where they will be.

Turn 13 is a gotcha for sure. There is a definite slot one bike wide on the inside, and if you get pushed out to the rest of the turn, you have to be going slower.

The one that really gets me though, is 2. Later on looking at the track map, I realize why, it's much sharper than the 90 degree turn it looks like. Both those turns have enough straight before them to enter waaaaaaay too fast.

Looks like at least 6-8 electric bikes are making definite plans to attend. It's gonna get crowded in turn 2 on lap 1.

Last edited:

Sharksfan

Nov 28, 2009
San Jose, CA.
Hey All, I will be coming down from the S.F. Bay Area and was wondering if any one wanted to split the gas. I have a 400lb capacity rack for the trailer hitch on my SUV and it could easily carry 2 M.B.s. I f you are interested please p.m. me or drop me a line on this thread. I am hoping to leave Friday and come back Monday.

Dogman

Apr 22, 2010
Las Cruces NM, USA
Hard to get a count when you are riding in the race. Last springs DR, turn 13 claimed more than 1, and many were going off track there and dirt riding till they got back on the paved. Every pass I seemed to be 1/2 inch from dirt exiting 13.

This fall at the Undead race, turn 2 seemed to claim more folks. Enough to make me think the race was being called off.

I just can't wait to do it againdance1

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
I am in the process of convincing my parents to let me leave school for a few days and take me down there. If I do by some crazy chance make it, I will reserve the number 73 for obvious reasons. LOL Thanks for planning such a great event, if only I wasn't so far away, I would make it to more.