Micargi, Bronco, 110CC 3spd UPGRADES

GoldenMotor.com

i-paint

May 24, 2008
Hi, I added a new hydraulic fork, front moped hub, hydraulic disc brake, headlight, turn signals, rear moped hub, rear mechanical disc brake, White trial freewheel and tail/brake light. Most of of my parts came from 1977 Mopeds https://www.1977mopeds.com/parts/Wheels-and-Tires/BRAH/Brake-Hubs/ or Treatland peugeot SP SPX chopper length EBR black hydraulic forks. The rear hub is a Puch moped with the drum brake removed and turned upside down. I mounted the disc on the freewheel spindle using a disc converter fom US CYCLES Disc Brake Rotor Converter - Cycles U.S. LLC/Choppers U.S.. The sprocket mounts to the hub with six bolts. The mechanical brake is for a go kart. The rotor is from a scooter. It had an offset center with four bolts but had the brake pad surface width I needed. The bicycle rotors pad surface is too narrow. The boys at RMS Royster's Machine Shop, locally, cut the center out and welded in a center from a bicycle rotor so I could mount it to the converter. The caliper floats in its own mounting bracket so it is always inline. I have a little forward and backward adjustment with the disc pad surface being a little wider than the pads. I am using a green trial freewheel from White Industries on the jackshaft since I dont have one on the hub. The trial freewheel is holding well so far. It is a beefed up version with more pawls(6) and points(72) of contact. It has beefier bearings as well. I had a blue freewheel fom White just explode once. I originally had a freewheel and sprocket on the hub and used the drum brake. The brake wasn't very good and the freewheel/sprocket twisted off.

Attachments

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Hi, I added a new hydraulic fork, front moped hub, hydraulic disc brake, headlight, turn signals, rear moped hub, rear mechanical disc brake, White trial freewheel and tail/brake light. Most of of my parts came from 1977 Mopeds https://www.1977mopeds.com/parts/Wheels-and-Tires/BRAH/Brake-Hubs/ or Treatland peugeot SP SPX chopper length EBR black hydraulic forks. The rear hub is a Puch moped with the drum brake removed and turned upside down. I mounted the disc on the freewheel spindle using a disc converter fom US CYCLES Disc Brake Rotor Converter - Cycles U.S. LLC/Choppers U.S.. The sprocket mounts to the hub with six bolts. The mechanical brake is for a go kart. The rotor is from a scooter. It had an offset center with four bolts but but had the brake pad surface was the width I needed. The boys at RMS machine, locally, cut the center out and welded in a center from a bicycle rotor so I could mount it to the converter. The caliper floats in its own mounting bracket so it is always inline. I have a little forward and backward adjustment with the disc pad surface with being a little wider the the pads. I am using a green trial freewheel from White Industries on the jackshaft since I dont have one on the hub. The trial freewheel is holding well so far. It is a beefed up version with more pawls(6) and points(72) of contact. It has beefier bearings as well. I had a blue freewheel from White just explode once. I originally had a freewheel and sprocket on the hub and used the drum brake. The brake wasn't very good and the freewheel/sprocket twisted off.
I-Paint, here you go again raising the bar again for us builders who prefer the Chinese Cloned Horizontal Honda Monkey Bike CRF/XR 50cc/110cc/125cc/ up to 192cc ATV / Dirtbike / Pitbike type of engines, for our Stretch Cruisers & XL-Choppers / Schwinn Stingray OCC Chopper, builds.

As always thank you for sharing your technical knowledge of how, where, and why with regards to your builds.

Your builds inspire those of us who have found this type of motor-assist to be nearly bullet proof that being these Engines.

With your current upgrades how if at all has this affected your builds performance ie handling, speed etc..etc..

Peace Crazy Horse.
.shft.

i-paint

May 24, 2008
CH, The brakes are super. The rear brake will stop the bike by itself. I've tried every type of rear brake, this is the best. The front brake will lock up the wheel if you want but not grabby at all. The trial freewheel is the solution to freewheel problems which come with more horsepower. The bigger sealed wheel bearings and axles (close to 7/16") are safer, in my opinion. The fork actually works as it should smoothing out the bumps. The lights are for safety. I have the front turn signals but haven't installed them yet.

Last edited:

Tyrant

Apr 8, 2015
Kasas
This build inspired my latest build. I have been trying to find forks like those for weeks. Thanks for the link!

Tyrant

Apr 8, 2015
Kasas
Can I get some pics of your jack shaft set up. I am doing mine and you clearly know what your doing so it would help as a reference