Skarrd's GT-5 mountain bike

GoldenMotor.com

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
so on wednesday i get a box on my door step from the fedex guy, i open it and there's a black gt-5 grubee motor in it!

:D

i was going to put it on my occ chopper bike and fab up some mounts for it, but i discovered that i wasn't going to be able to get the chain to line up correctly. so i ended up throwing it on my mountain bike instead.

i took it for a ride today and just... wow! it's fast! xct2

i had wired the kill switch up like the manual said (cause i'm lazy and didn't want to break my soldering iron out and make some nice connections for it to cut the power to the cdi) and tried to kill it after i got done riding only to find out... i'm holding the button and it's still running!

time to get a nice headlight made to run off that 6v line. XD

Attachments

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Your mountain bike makes a good commuter. You can transfer the motor to the chopper later when you are ready to deal with the offset motor mounts, longer chain, etc

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
Your mountain bike makes a good commuter. You can transfer the motor to the chopper later when you are ready to deal with the offset motor mounts, longer chain, etc
i need to post a newer pic of it, but it's now sort of a hybrid chopper. it's now got the forks from my chopper bike on it.

Angel

Jan 7, 2011
USA
The GT-5 mountain bin bike this bikes are real so different because this bikes are more advantage than another bikes..I like it in this bikes....

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
kill switch not work?thats very strange it should work no matter how you wire it.
i thought that too, but it only worked if i hooked it between the black and blue coil wires.

as for the bike it's self now... it no longer has the chopper forks and may not have them again. for some reason it was incredibly hard to keep it going straight with them on.

so i'm keeping the suspension forks, but getting ape hangers for it.