motor wont turn

GoldenMotor.com

geoffmaree

Mar 19, 2009
australia
story is as follows
riding along,rear wheel locked,took bike home as it works to pedal if clutch is pulled in.
removed head & lifted barrel without popping the rings out & all looks good in the bore & piston.
removed side covers on both sides & all seems in order there.
any ideas from here would be appreciated.49cc china motor.i'm thinking bottom end but dont want to split the case.:-||

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
take off all side covers make sure that none of the gears or keys or even a screw,nut ,or bolt has came loose and jammed the engine. There is 3 screws under the clutch if one of them came loose it will lock the engine up. If you have the puller tool remove the front gear and the magneto rotor if the crank isn't free to turn then your either going to need to split the case or junk the engine. This is assuming you removed the cylinder and piston which could be the cause of it locking up.
Splitting the engine case isn't hard to do. The only problem is getting new gaskets, I make my own so that isn't a big deal for me. I think I do show how to tear the engine apart some info is missing on taking the engine apart as I figure if your going to take one apart you do have some mechanical knowledge already if not ask questions before beating the engine apart as some times getting the engine part there is tricks to doing it instead of taking a hammer to it.
Norman

geoffmaree

Mar 19, 2009
australia
ok so far so good but im having trouble getting the big nut on the clutch plate undone.
is this a reverse thread or the same as all the others.

geoffmaree

Mar 19, 2009
australia
OK have split the case and seems to be the big end bearing.So how does the bearing pin seperate from the crank.I assume this is a hammer out thing.