GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
I just ordered the XL Chopper Black Clearance Price $88.00

"Quote from rkorson4209
Re: new xl choppers for sale $88.00
I just went to order the 6 speed chopper for 145$, and it said 45 shipping, so i figure ok 190$ cool, so signed up proceeded all the way to the end where they tacked another 61$ on it for shipping. No way I'm buying there now, just because of that. On the first page they say it's 88$ then you click on it and it says 145, then the 45 and top it off with 61 more, that really adds up End Quote"

I'm here to say that yes I was spanked by the price quoted on their website $88 then bam another charge for over sized package an additional $45 of course I added the insurance + $18.50 then a sha-bippity-bop-bam charge for an additional $56.29 for Fedex Shipping OUCH OUCH OUCH !!!
Grand Total of $207.79

Order Information
Order #(Shipped)
Order Date:May, 2010 Order Total: $207.79
Delivery Address

United States
Shipping Method
Federal Express (Total items: 1 pkg. )

Products
1 x $88-XL Chopper Black
1 x Shipping: Oversize Package Yes $45.00
1 x Shipping Insurance: Yes $18.50
Sub-Total: $151.50

Previous Sub-Total:$151.50
Federal Express Shipping Additional Charge Total items: 1 pkg, Fedex Shipping Total:$56.29
Final Completed Sale Total:$207.79

This bike will be 4-stroke powered with:
HOTENG50HEN: From HighRPMracer.com
$139 SPECIAL 50cc 4-Stroke Engine Complete - Full Auto - Kick Start & Electric Start-No Reverse

Product #: HOTENG50HEN
Retail Value: $299.00
Our Sale Price: $139.00

Product #: HOTENG50HEN
$139 SPECIAL 50cc 4-Stroke Engine Complete - Full Auto - Kick Start & Electric Start-No Reverse

Complete 50cc Engine with bottom mount starter. Used commonly in the Hensim HS50 Baja & ATV and many more brands of Chinese ATVs Dirt Bikes, Pocket Bikes and Go Karts. This is a Full Auto Transmission and NO reverse. KICK START & ELECTRIC START. This engine will bolt in place of 50cc, 70cc, 90cc, 100cc, 110cc. This is your Honda Copy E22 Engine Design.

Will see if the bike is really worth the price when it arrives this pic shows the 6-speed I ordered the single-speed bike will be here anyday now !!!

Peace Crazy Horse.
Here's the 50cc 4-Stroke Motor.

Attachments

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Neat Times, (Ron),
we've texted before in the chat room yes its been a while though, I'm currently Certified in all five category's of the National Commission for Certified Crane Operator's thru November 2013, from the lil boom trucks to Tower Cranes. The technical certifications are 1&2 Small & Large Hydro's & 3&4 Lattice Boom Crawler Crane / Lattice Boom Truck Crane, and #5 is the Tower Crane which covers Hammerheads & Luffing Tower Crane's. We have Local 77 in Suitland, Maryland which represents Northern Virginia, Wash,D.C. & Montgomery & Prince Georges counties in Suburban Maryland. I don't remember Local for Baltimore!

Jhammer,

Yes this company did charge me the extra for oversized package an additional $45.00
Hopefully this price is gonna come down who know's.

Here's the actual photo of Single Speed XL 001 Black Chopper that I ordered the reason I wanted this XL Chopper is it allows extra room for the Honda 4-stroke 50cc Pit/Dirtbike motor:

Here's the yellow XL Chopper:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Just got a call from front desk FedEX just delivered my XL Chopper from Beach Cruisers Liquidation Sale $88, $99 ....

Gonna go downstairs with the Camera just in case the Box the bike came in is showing any Damage!

It almost always is Damaged during shipping no matter if UPS or FedEX delivers it, so it's always best to take pictures before accepting the package !!! Just from my experience I've learned the hard way receiving damaged bikes, and no pictures to prove it and I'm stuck no more !

I always pay the lil extra for insurance you never know when something is gonna show up damaged!

Ok gonna go down get bike now, will start assembly soon as I get it up here, and then post some pic's of it after assembly.

C.H.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Good thing I took Camera down to front desk in Lobby where FedEx left / delivered this XL Chopper!

The Box is Destroyed I haven't opened the Box yet as I'm still fuming over how it arrived & FedEx just leaving it in the Lobby was just ignorant. Here where I live all Large UPS or FedEX packages are to be Delivered to the Loading Dock where our Building Porter's office is, and he signs for all the deliveries of large packages and keeps them in his office till we pick them up.

The Box Top was practically open, the tape that sealed the Box was ripped and you could lift the top box flap and see whats inside, there's probably some damage or missing parts to be sure with the way this box was crushed and thrown around during the shipping!

Gonna open it now!

Wish me Luck!!!

Here's a few pic's:

Crazy Horse.

Attachments

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Oh boy damage and missing parts!

Well the seat that comes with this Bike has apparently vaporized, not to mention that the hardware for the handlebars and the pedals were missing. However I fortunately had hardware that I purged from an old build to mount the handlebars with and I had an extra set of pedals.

The obvious damage are as follows: 1.Bent front forks 2.Bent front wheel 3.Bent chain guard 4.Bent pedal crank arm 5.Bent rear fender 6.Bent rear wheel 7.Bent top tube

All the items above that are damaged well be replaced as I had insurance on this bike, so all in all its a nice chopper.

I sat my Lifan 110cc engine in the frame to see how much more room the XL Chopper has for the Chinese cloned Honda Pit / Dirt / Trail Bike horizontal 4-stroke engine and the conclusion is plenty of room.

A few modifications smaller chain ring, wide pedal crank, jackshaft, to tired to think right now of any other mod's.

I did talk to Zack at High RPM Racer.Com and ordered 2-engines that are on clearance right now,
really great price of $139.00 + $35.00 shipping for each motor total for 2 engines $348.00

My Lifan 110cc is reserved for my OCC Stingray Chopper build.

Heres some pic's of how this XL Chopper Looks had to use my OCC Stingray Chopper seat to give it that semi-finished Look.

C.H.

Attachments

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
For those who might Like to know I found my throttle handlebar switch assembly on ebay and you'll never guess who was selling them!

It was none other than Forum member GreenDragon

If you are going to do a Honda 50cc 4-stroke build check out his store he has 1000's of parts that may be of use to your own build Like: handlebar switch assembly's, wiring harness, you name the part for Honda 4-strokes he's got it!

Here's his store Link GreenDragonImports:
eBay My World - greendragonimports

HONDA CT70 TRAIL BIKE HANDLEBAR SWITCH & LEVER Replacements

Here's how the bike Looks with the Lifan sitting in the frame:

In this pic the motor drive sprocket is almost perfectly lined up with rear axle gonna try and find a left side freewheel sprocket for rear maybe I may not have to use a Jackshaft gonna try to make this work!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jhammer

May 8, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
C.H. could you enlighten all of us mewbie to a few things, this build is really interesting to me because right now i am working on a giant stiletto with a lifan/loncin motor, so ....

1.What size motor did you order? Why?
2. exactly how big is the motor in the picture/the one your
3.What are the mounting options for one of those motors?

i believe there is a mount plate the you can weld to the frame?
]
thanks

Jhammer

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
Hi I relly like this concept and it seems do able I will be checking in to see the build ... I should add that I bought a Shcwinn Electric Stingray as my first Motorized bike in June 2008 the long and winding road has broout me a real education. It is remarkable how sturdy these bikes are, ( copys included) I threw mine off a moving train one day becausssse the conductor locked me in a baggage car a local rider opened another side door ase we pulled away from my stop in Santa Anna It flew out and hit the gravel opposit of the people landing an suffered nary a acratch. Bullet proof is the right word. I had a rear hub motor at first then it melted racing a hot rod lincioln on a real hot day. with no available hubs for the rear (Ching chong ) I at last got a front one so it runs at 35 no noise I could have both worlds if this new 4 stroke works out just remember our roads are beaten to **** and cause a lot of shock to the rider and bike my seat dis intergrated from that. I put a bananna seat to a one inch post and added two struts to adapt it to th e wide rear stance it hold up super and alllows for a rear seating position as I pedal assist on steep grades I never need to stress with a rear stance I think I have a pic for ya. oh not right now oh well good luck and improvise

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
My switch assembly's were delivered yesterday these are the same as were used on original Honda CT 70's & Honda Mini Trail 50cc Trail Bikes.

These are pre-wired to connect to the wiring harness for chinese cloned or original Honda CT 70 or any of the Honda cloned horizontal 4-Stroke 50cc 70cc 90cc up to 110cc engines, just connect the plugs together and your done.

One of the nice functions with these switch assembly's is they have spring loaded PIN in the brake lever when you pull your break lever it activates your brake lights, this is great if you don't have a foot brake to activate your brake lights.

These have 5-Pin plugs for the 5-Pin wiring harness and can be modified for use with a 4-pin wiring harness.

Here's the pic's one has finger pointing to Pin that activates brake light when lever is pulled:

I purchased these switch assembly's from Greendragonimports on flebay $35.00

C.H.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Wow, these engines are perfect fit. For the OCC & XL Chopper's

The engines were delivered today, these are the Honda Mini Trail Bike 50cc Chinese Cloned Horizontal 4-Stroke's Fully Automatic, and setup for Electric Start, Lights, Horn etc...

I'm patiently waiting for Delivery from Bicycle Engines, Motorized Bicycles, Bicycle Motors, Motored Bikes: 2-Stroke & 4-Stroke Kits!, I ordered from them the 5-Hole Freewheel's as I plan on mounting my own Sprocket to the Freewheel. The freewheel is toothless it only has the 5-Holes for a sprocket to be bolted to.

I still need to weld on my skid plate for the engine, and have the rear hub machined on left hand side with left hand threads, which has been discussed in detail in another thread. Soon as the Freewheels arrive I can go to machine shop for Hub to be machined.

I must admit this type of build takes time and planning, and not having all the components here at once is trying my patience.

However just like an Artist working on a blank canvas, an Artist has in his minds eye what the finished painting will Look Like. So yes I know what this XL Chopper finished will Look Like in my minds eye, just takes time to complete it!

Took some pic's of the XL Chopper with the engine sitting in the frame, check them out.

In this pic taken from under the XL Chopper you can see the four bolt holes for the engine bolts that will be bolted thru the skid plate, once it's welded on the bottom tube.

I'll add a few more pic's of engine in XL Chopper frame in next post.

Peace Crazy Horse.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Last edited:

Jhammer

May 8, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
Crazy horse your bike is looking really really good man, I have to say i thought the engine was bigger? With that in mind how big does that engine measure? It still looks huge. Looking forward to seeing your build finished it going to be awesome, especially withtm the double drive on the back. You are great at providing detail of your progress on he bike and I hope you would do so for the engine, becuse I have notice the populatrity raising in these engine on he forum and a guide to them would be really helpful to newbiea like myself and other that what to try a build that is a bit out of there league

good luck and take care

j

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Jhammer, fellow forum member & moderator Barely Awake has started a new thread in the 4-stroke engine kits section of the forum slowly it will grow with a wealth of information regarding these alternative 4-stroke engines.

Here's a Link to jump to that new Thread:
http://motorbicycling.com/f37/alternate-4-stroke-engine-list-19630.html

I'll post some pic's tomorrow of measurements of this engine and I forget someone had asked about the handlebar switch assembly's that they didn't see the right hand side throttle, well it's there trust me it's a switch assembly with a throttle grove built into the switch assembly, again I'll post pic's of those as well tomorrow.

Remember the more there is the demand for these style engines the less expensive they will become!

Peace Crazy Horse.

P.S. The forum member known as greendragon is different person then the person I bought my switch assembly's from. The guy I purchased my switch assembly's from has an ebay store called GreenDragonImports, so totally different person sorry for the mixup.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Very cool! Where does the kick start go? Just wondering if that is an option?
By fully automatic is that a centrifugal clutch what is it exactly and how durable might it be.
I am asking because I have had my credit card out then put it back up at least three times now. Me thinks I want one real bad but don't know enough about it. Been looking at the 70 cc.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Goat Herder, you can order one with kick start, or electric, as far as quality & performance just ask Civlized or i-paint!

The top two manufacturers of these Chinese cloned Honda Trail Bike Engines are Lifan & Loncin. Largest selection of Engines & Parts.

C.H.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Yes that shore is purty! What can I say envious I am.. Do those two little critters at the top of the page have internal C.V.T. 's . I been doing some reading the last 4 hours. I saw that the Lifan did.