Petcock hitting frame,what now?

GoldenMotor.com

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
On my mountain bike the top tube is the same size all the way up, so big I can't even use the bolts and clamps that came with the tank :( (JB Weld or Duct tape?). The washer method worked for my petcock.

You could probably use JB Weld or buy a 90 degree petcock too, like this one (fuzzy image):

where did you get that petcock at zrtmwa? I think that is what I need...

Q

ZRTMWA

Feb 23, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
where did you get that petcock at zrtmwa? I think that is what I need...

Q
That's not mine it's just a pic I found on teh interwebz. However you can get them here:

Chrome Early Style OEM Petcock with 90° Spigot for 1975-up Harley Big Twin & XL Sportster - www.debrix.com

Not quite sure what size the threads are on the stock petcock. The link I gave is for 3/8".

Edit: I found one thread claiming the stock petcock NPT thread size to be 10mm:

http://motorbicycling.com/f3/worksman-frame-tanks-15508.html#post154552

Maybe you could PM sportscarpat to make sure that's what he was referring to.

Last edited:

kla63

Jul 15, 2009
NEW HAMSHIRE
Fairracing31:

I did do the dab of grease on the small gear but this is what the instructions say as per bikeberrys instructions,

"Left side drive: Routinely pack grease in the shaft hole behind 10t drive sprocket and also in cover bushing hole. This will also help reduce noise."

I looked and could not see any shaft hole, I think there instruction suck, can I say that?

Q
on the left side small clutch arm cover pull off you see the ten sprocket gear !!! there is a small little rod pin pull that out put dab of grease there that what there talking about!!!