Are you familar with the Insane-a-cycle?

GoldenMotor.com

NewAge

Jun 19, 2009
California
Apparently Dave at electricrider.com gets the gold medal in the high performance electric bike category, check out his bike at this link, ElectricRider - Dave's Bike and don't miss the vid links "acceleration" and "velocity", If you think that the vids were edited or sped up I can assure you that they weren't, that setup produces 14,400 watts at 300 amps, 19 hp peak, 9 hp continuous.

I have this exact same drive system stuffed into my son’s minibike and it does 45 mph in less than 6 seconds. scary, but extremely fulfilling

NewAge

Jun 19, 2009
California
I should mention that the Alltrax controller, (blue box) is fully programmable so you can tame the power delivery down to make it much more user friendly for your next project.

Use at full power and you risk shearing off the schrader valve, snapping the chain, or blowing out all of your spokes, all of which would probably culminate into the crash of a lifetime.

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
hmmm... electric... still can't go through the rain though... and at those speeds, disc brakes are a must... if you do crash, always heal fast painlessly... :)

Last edited:

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i have an electric trials bike for my grandson, it's 24v and has no problem going through water, he's had it up to the handle bars in water, the whole bike under water and it has no problem doing it.

Recumpence

Aug 30, 2009
Illinois
You guys need to take a look at Endlesssphere.com in the non-hub motor section. 19hp peak with 9hp continuous is not the end-all, be-all of e-biking, especially at that weight. I have a PK Ripper BMX bike with that much power (actually more continuous power) that only weighs 47 pounds with pack. My real world performance is 0 to 30 in 2 .5 seconds and 0 to 50 in 4.5 seconds. Google electric PK Ripper and you will see it. My account name there is "Crazycrutch". You can find it that way as well. I am not trying to brag. I just find it odd that that monsterous beast is considered the pinnacle of E-bike power........

The problem with the "Insane-a-cycle" is the freakin weight of that thing!

Last edited:

Recumpence

Aug 30, 2009
Illinois
That is not the insane-a-cycle. It is a different bike altogether. The insane-a-cycle uses a E-tech motor. The bike in the video is running a currie motor. That currie motor is only good for 1,000 watts at the very most. There is no way it would push a person more than 35mph. Unloaded tests mean nothing.......

NewAge

Jun 19, 2009
California
Recumpence, nobody said that insane-a-cycle was considered the pinnacle of e-bike power, what I said was "apparently" Dave gets the gold metal, but now after checking out your trick high-tech PK Ripper "apparently" you are a definite contender for the gold, super nice build, you've got mad skills.

I would like to see a video taken from a chase vehicle showing you wind it up to 50mph, but first get a helmet and some body armor.