Dellorto Carb & Throttle Clearance

GoldenMotor.com

MeHz

Jul 20, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
Ive recently just started my first build, and I have come across the problem of not having enough room for the throttle on the top of the carb, ( Smaller framed bike, not sure on exact size ) and there is barely any clearance for the stock air filter aswell which is basically resting against the frame.

Does anyone know if upgrading to a Dellorto Carby might help solve this problem? looking at pictures comparing the two, the Dellorto seems to be smaller and the throttle exits on an angle.

Worse case, I spose Ill have to try and make a new intake pipe unless someone knows of a product that already exists that'll help :p.

ronnym

Dec 21, 2009
Deridder, La.
I had the same problem with a Micargi 20" Hero bike I built and I ordered an offset manifold from Spooky tooth and the problem was solved. It allowed my carb to offset toward the right side of the bike missing the seat tube and getting it out from under the center tube so the throttle cable could be installed. You can also use large clear tubing sold at hardware stores to extend it out past the frame but beware as it raises the idle so you may also need a carb that is adjustable such as a performance carb.

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
I had a similar problem with the clearance on my sons bike. The easy solution for me was to drill the frame. It just a 30 dollar bike off craigslist so no big deal. He also weighs 225 lbs and rides hard and after 100+ miles the bike is fine. I put the grommets in to help the cable from getting chewed on the metal and it works just fine. I would like to put a "noodle" in though. The offset intake was not an option for this carb as it would need a flange on both sides-this carb mounts directly to the cylinder. Its a good thing this engine has a slant head too otherwise it simply would not fit!

Attachments

Last edited: