Ridin the ebike fall/winter edition

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
This is where I pass along a tip... My meters are always getting the leads broken. This last time I didn't try any of that fancy stuff I usually do. I just ran a sheet metal screw in the hold and made a red and black with with a alligator clip on one end which I clip to the screw head.

As i said in one of the other threads i rode the bike in thirty degree weather today to the post office. The ride wasn't as miserable as i thought but the line at the post office was. no wonder people don't use the mail anymore.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
When the heck am I even going to learn what my daddy tried to pound in my head. When you trouble shoot, and can't find a definitive answer, start with the easiest to fix and cheapest to replace parts first. I spent the morning checking out components of my ebike that failed on me yesterday. While in the midst of switching out the controller, I realized that the bike's power supply didn't sound just right. It checked good but I had it check bad a few times as well. I put that down to a bad meter since my probes are jack legged right now.

I eventually found that I had a joint which was loose on the power supply line right at the fuse block. It really was a free repair and would have taken to minutes if I had taken my dad's advice. It is freaky how someone with so little education had the answer so many complicated things in my life. The power supply line break was caused by the trailer jumping the hitch and jerking free from the power connection. Wish I had thought of that sooner.

Best advice I got from my dad about women, "Never kiss a woman with a fever." not much other advice about women I got over the year from the so called experts was nearly as reliable as dad's. It didn't cover every situation but it was always right. Most things with women are only right sometimes.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
My wife and i went shopping at wallymart this morning so on the way, I stopped at home depot for some chain. I already used a foot of it to make a safety chain for my battery trailer. that was what cost me a days worth of work on the bike yesterday. The trailer broke loose a couple of days ago and reeked havoc on my wiring. I hope the safety chain prevents that. I am going to put one on my other trailer as well.

When the trailer passed me I knew I had a problem. It could easily have hit a car or pedestrian. It was time to fix that thing.

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
My wife and i went shopping at wallymart this morning so on the way, I stopped at home depot for some chain. I already used a foot of it to make a safety chain for my battery trailer. that was what cost me a days worth of work on the bike yesterday. The trailer broke loose a couple of days ago and reeked havoc on my wiring. I hope the safety chain prevents that. I am going to put one on my other trailer as well.

When the trailer passed me I knew I had a problem. It could easily have hit a car or pedestrian. It was time to fix that thing.
Very good move Deacon. I had a utility trailer come off the hitch once and the saftey chains saved my bacon. Made lots of noise but once I got stopped the trailer was still with me. Without saftey chains who knows where it might have gone or what damage it might have done.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I saw that thing pass me and I began looking to see if it was going to damage anything. It was definitely a wake up call. I got the other one fixed as well. I really really wanting to move all the 20" parts to a large 26" frame. Wheels and crank for sure. I think it might make a cute lil old mini stretch looking thing. God knows I have enough wheels and cranks laying around. I have junked out a bunch of big bikes as well, I just never had this particular though before.

I wonder how much longer the 26" frame is than the 20"